Maintaining a healthy diet also determines the longevity of an individual. Do you know, individuals with a healthy diet can live until 100 years! The daily diet of an individual will even play a pivotal role, apart from other key factors. Healthy foods consumed by humans will lead them to maintain an excellent nutritional level in their body. Wonder foods will possess various strengths like proteins, vitamins, minerals, fibre, fatty acids, fluids and amino acids.
In The Article
Green Foods is a real wonder food and it implies various green vegetables and fruits.
Most healthy green vegetables comprise: spinach, green beans, asparagus, arugula, broccoli, collard greens, celery and green pepper.
The specified vegetables carry a rich source of different vitamins: A, B6, C, E and K.
- Spinach – Contains iron, folate, Vitamin A and Vitamin K. Daily consumption of spinach will ensure that the body is well supplied with good vitamins and minerals. Spinach can be eaten raw on a sandwich or drunk if mixed in a salad. Spinach used in soups, cheese sauce and in separate casseroles can be consumed.
- Green Beans – It is a source of calcium, iron, Vitamins A and C. The benefits attainable through consuming green beans are anaemia avoidance and maintaining stronger bones
- Asparagus – Rich in fibre and gives that feeling of a satiated stomach. The health benefit of averting constipation is mentionable.
- Arugula – It is a good source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Infuses more calcium strength to the body.
It can be consumed in either of the following forms:
♦ Stuffing in a sandwich
♦ Part of a salad mix
♦ Kept as a juice in a casserole
- Broccoli – Broccoli contains fibre, folate, Vitamin A, C and K. It can be consumed if it is kept as an accompaniment in salads, soups or even if added to foods like chicken and omelette.
- Collard greens – Vitamins A, C and K are present. Apart from these strengths, it is also a source of fibre, calcium and folate.
- Celery – Some research studies state that celery contains high fibre and so it can be eaten raw as a snack. The health benefits of development of a phenomenal immune system and avoidance of diseases such as cancer are proven
- Green pepper – Possesses the properties of Vitamin C and a good antioxidant. Also known to effectively fight cancer and heal wounds.
Top Green fruits are Honey Dew and Kiwi:
- Kiwi – A fruit, which contains high levels of Vitamin C and E. Potassium and magnesium form the other strength-related attributes of this fruit.
- Honey Dew – It has high nutritional value as it contains Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, potassium and folate. Prevention of dehydration is a direct health-related benefit, that individuals can experience through consumption of honeydew.
Black-Eyed Peas (or) Beans
- Avoids anaemic disorder – Black-eyed peas contain high iron content, folate and Vitamin-B that facilitate the creation of normal red blood cells
- Enhances the intake of folates (water-soluble Vitamin B) into the body – Black-eyed peas contain a high amount of folate, a water-soluble Vitamin B. Folates play a key role in arresting problems like poor immunity, anaemic deficiency and poor digestion. Black-eyed peas, if consumed on a daily basis will supply the needful folates for the human body.
- Makes our digestive system undergo healthy changes – Black-eyed peas possess a high amount of dietary fibre that will make individuals strengthen their digestive system.
- Improves Eye and Skin Health – Since black-eyed peas possess high Vitamin A, individuals who consume it will witness eyesight improvement and a healthy skin.
- Alleviates blood pressure levels – Black-eyed peas act as a high source of potassium, a mineral that will effectively alleviate blood pressure. Apart from this, heart-related problems can be averted.
- Improves Heart Health – Lentils are a big source of magnesium and folate, which will allay the risks associated with heart disease
- A strong digestive system – Problems in the digestive system will be easily cured by this food as it contains insoluble dietary fibre
- Lowers cholesterol – Lentils have high soluble fibre strength that can reduce cholesterol levels
- Good source of protein – Lentils stand as the third highest nut with enormous protein strength
- Ensures a normal blood sugar level – The fibre strength and soluble fibre will lessen carbohydrates and help diabetic patients to maintain normal blood sugar level
- Boosts energy levels – The high amount of iron in lentils will enhance the energy levels in the body, upon consumption
- Aids in Weight Loss for individuals suffering from obesity – Lentils have low calorific value and contain no fat but its other strengths like proteins, vitamins, fibre and minerals really help
Consumption of fruits will be beneficial for people, especially to maintain good health and lead a disease-free life. Fruits generally contain nutrients such as Vitamin A and C, dietary fibres, potassium, magnesium and foliate.
For example, fruits like banana and apricot contain rich potassium and magnesium strengths, which can lower blood pressure levels.
Like said earlier, fruits contain various nutrients, which equips the human body to show stiff resistance to various diseases. Some examples to mention are high cholesterol, high blood pressure, teeth and gums-related problems, constipation and heart disease.
Overall, since each fruit is equipped with some strength/s, their contribution to human health is never ignorable. There is a high possibility for individuals to live until 100 years through regular and proper pattern-wise fruits consumption.
Fruits generally always captivate even the toughest of humans and state that it is a real wonder food.
Nuts contain a high nutritious value. Nutritious value is gained through protein, vitamin B and E, fibre, healthy unsaturated fats, folate, potassium, magnesium and phosphorous. These strengths make us awestruck and call it as a real wonder food
Benefits for the human body
- Maintain a healthy body weight – Eating peanuts on a regular basis will help those individuals facing obesity problems and make them lose excess weight
- Alleviates the risk of diabetes – Nuts act as a good additional food for diabetics to control their blood sugar level. It also arrests the risk of diabetes for people, who are highly prone to face it.
- Decreases the risk of heart disease – The risks associated with heart disease can be curtailed by regular nut eaters. Since nuts contain fibre and healthy unsaturated fats, cholesterol levels will be reduced thereby averting the risk of heart diseases.
Fish is a great wonder food that mankind does not seem to be fully cognizant of it.
Health Benefits of Fish
- Fish is a rich source of proteins, vitamins, phosphorous, calcium, Vitamin B2 and D and omega-3 fatty acids. It also contains minerals like iron, iodine, potassium, zinc and magnesium.
- Fish does not have high-fat content. So, the risk of body weight gain will never exist among people
- Its vitamins and minerals alleviates the risks of stroke and heart disease alongside reduce blood pressure levels
- Omega-3 fatty acid in a fish helps fish eaters to maintain a healthy heart and brain
- It also reduces the risks of various disorders like Alzheimer’s, depression, diabetes and dementia
- Omega-3 could also help in avoiding occurrence of arthritis and inflammatory disorders
Normally, physicians recommend patients to consume fish, at least once in a week, if they keep normal health.
Advantages of Olive Oil for humans
- Olive oil is a rich source of healthy monounsaturated fats and so it is used for cooking.
- Oleic acid present in this oil can reduce inflammation and cancerous effects
- Olive oil is packed with an abundant amount of antioxidants, which helps individuals to combat inflammation. Antioxidants also prohibit the cholesterol in our blood from getting oxidized.
- Antioxidants present in this oil also possess anti-cancer and antibacterial properties.
- It could inhibit the occurrence of stroke disease
- Olive oil could desist heart-related diseases through enhancing the functioning of blood vessels and also avert blood clot
- This oil could help Type 2 diabetes people since it can stabilize their blood sugar levels and insulin sensitivity
- Some researchers proved that neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s will be curable through practising a diet with olive oil
- Olive oil, when combined with fish oil will be effective in treating conditions like Rheumatoid Arthritis
Merits of consuming whole grains
- Whole grains have B vitamins (riboflavin, niacin and thiamine), dietary fibre and minerals like iron, selenium and magnesium
- Dietary fibre plays a vital role in controlling and alleviating diseases like Obesity, Type 2 diabetes and heart disease. This nutrient can also reduce the cholesterol levels.
- B vitamins will be valuable for the metabolism and nervous system of the human body
- The iron content in whole grains spreads the oxygen present in our blood, throughout our body
- Whole grains remain effective for individuals in keeping a healthy heart
- It is a good recommended food for the diabetic diet
- Low-fat grain-based diets with rich fibre helps to avert cancer disease, majorly occurring in the stomach and colon
- Whole grains consumption on a routine basis will enable such individuals to maintain a healthy body weight
Honey can surely be called as one of the wonder foods for humans.
Honey and its value to humans
- Honey contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties and this helps in eliminating various infections that attack the human body.
- Always cough and throat irritation – Honey is good for treating cough and throat problems. Majorly, nocturnal coughs will be treated efficiently wherein this ultimately results in good sleep for people with such condition.
- Resists the occurrence of diseases like cancer and heart disease – Honey contains antioxidants and flavonoids, which help in lessening the risk of major diseases like heart disease and cancer.
- Reduce ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders – According to some latest research, honey could effectively fight out gastroenteritis and ulcers.
- People suffering from eyesight, impotence, obesity, urinary tract disorders, bronchial asthma, diarrhoea and nausea problems will see an improvement in honey consumption.
- Blood sugar regulation – The combination of glucose and fructose in honey regulates or controls the blood sugar levels in our body
- Honey will be effective in ensuring speedy healing of wounds
- Honey is an energy booster that is pure and natural where it can easily convert carbohydrates into glucose
- It is a performance boosting product for athletes because it contains ergogenic acid. It enables athletes to restore glycogen alongside regulates the insulin levels in their body
- Honey will definitely strengthen the body’s immune system
How Green Tea will be beneficial for the human body
- Green Tea carries antiviral and antibacterial characteristics, which can be valuable for curing diseases, ranging from infections to cancer
- Green Tea will raise the good cholesterol in our body and decrease the bad cholesterol
- It is now globally known that it efficiently regulates the blood sugar levels of diabetics, after their food consumption
- Green Tea enhances the performance of our metabolism. The polyphenol organic chemical, present in this tea helps in quickening the pace of fat oxidation and food conversion into calories in the human body.
- According to scientists, green tea is an efficient watchdog of our blood vessels. It will be able to detect the blood pressure changes that happen in our body.
- Green Tea can effectively avert the blood clot formation in our heart. Heart attacks happen mainly, because of this issue
- It will definitely help in the upkeep of clean teeth since it will efficiently scuttle infections and bacteria
- The caffeine ingredient in green tea will definitely energize our brain and keep us smart and active
- Green Tea will be a good tranquilizer for people who remain in a depressed mindset
- High blood pressure is noted to be efficiently curbed amongst those who consume this tea on a regular basis
- Green tea consumption is beneficial because it prolongs the attacks of major neurodegenerative diseases, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s on our body