Tattoo, which has become a trend in the modern world especially with the youngsters, is a kind of body modification done on the dermis layer of the skin by inserting dyes and ink and pigments. The word tattoo means ‘to write’.
Unquestionably, tattooing involves certain risks. The unhygienic conditions of getting a one to tend to go unnoticed. Particularly people are more prone to get hepatitis C that spreads once in contact with human blood through infected tattoo needle.
The government generally does not persuade the tattoo parlors to use new needles or to sanitize the old one. Sometimes people may even lose their life if the ink poisoning gets into the bloodstream.
For all those tattoo junkies and users out there, check out our top 10 tattoo ideas for both men and women.
Recommended Reading: All Your Questions On tattoos Answered
In The Article
What Is A Tattoo?
There are different kinds of tattoos; some are temporary and some are permanent.
It is not easy to remove permanent tattoos from the body and is surely an agonizing process. There are some laser techniques like Dermabrasion, seal abrasion, cryosurgery, excision for removing the tattoos.
Traditional Indian tattoos like Henna tattoo are not only temporary but are also widely accepted and used by Indian girls cutting across all religions.
Henna is very popular as it is prepared from natural ingredients. It is very safe for the skin. Even today, girls put on henna designs for marriage functions, especially the marriage bride.
History Of Tattoos
Since time immemorial, it is a well-conceived notion that human beings and tattoos are inseparable. The design and piece of art will most probably remain permanent in nature but unarguably personal in touch.
Needless to mention, these designs have been seen as status symbols, a form of religious practice, as protective amulets, and also as a punishment mechanism.
Until the discovery of Iceman’s mummified body in 1991 along the Austrian-Italian border, the previously known evidence of tattooing was found in the bodies of many female Egyptian mummies(2000 B.C).
After the carbon dating procedure, the ‘Iceman’ was found to be more than 5000 years old and the patterns of the tattoo on his body suggested a different story.
As far as the modern ones are concerned, the facial tattoos of Berber women, the intricate ones of Wodabe tribe in Niger are proclaimed as true work of art.
Overall, the art of tattoo making is an ongoing evolutionary process which has failed to move away even from the clutches of the modern educated liberal society.
Various questions that pop into one’s mind are, “Should I really get a tattoo? “What kind should I get?” “How can I express my feelings by choosing a design?” However, there is nothing unethical about getting one.
- It is done on the skin by injecting pigments and dyes. They were once forbidden and looked down upon but is now becoming wildly popular in our present society.
- Nowadays there are a number of tattoo parlors; it is, however, our responsibility to get to know the right parlour and the right person for tattoos. He/she should be an experienced artist.
- It is best to also realize that needles can transfer diseases; ensure that the artist uses sterilized and hygienic needles. Also, realize that you might experience pain in the process of getting the tattoo.
- Get a tattoo that stands out and expresses what you want.
What To Eat Before Getting A Tattoo?
Stay Alert – Cheese eaters, Coffee Lovers, Alcohol drinkers
Hmmm… so you are keen to get a tattoo. Irrespective of the size, a tattoo is always a tattoo and it always requires a big heart to get one. In fact, many people fail to understand the impact of the tattoo.
Therefore, it’s important to learn what food to eat and what to avoid before you actually get a tattoo.
1. What Food Can You Eat Before Getting A Tattoo?
- Eat a hearty meal – As a matter of fact, the nerves appear horrible and uneasy before getting inked. The previous night you may feel overly excited to take rest, let alone eat. Therefore, with a tattoo already adding adequate stress, you should go with a full stomach having consumed a hearty meal.
- Consume a lot of fluids and avoid dehydration – By drinking enough fluids such as water, herbal teas, juices, or soups you can avoid a potential dehydrated scenario. Moreover, tattoo artists state that consuming enough fluids gets the ink quite easily into your system, so it ‘s a plus in that sense.
- Take protein-rich food – You should never resist your daily dose of peanut butter. It will raise not only your energy levels but also your overall mood.
- Foods rich in Vitamin C – You are definitely well-off if you consume foods rich in vitamin C. For example, try kale, citrus fruits, or broccoli. The reason- Vitamin C fastens wound healing and will always help in the long run.
2. Food Items You Should Not Eat Before Getting A Tattoo
- Avoid drinking energy drinks, coffee, alcohol, aspirin (painkiller) – Yeah, it’s unethical to get yourself tattooed under the heavy influence of drinks including alcohol. Moreover, alcohol makes your blood thin out and hence it would be wise to meet your tattoo artist with a healthy body and mind.
- Stop taking sugar, dairy products – Both sugar and dairy products are known to slow the healing process. Although it may sound difficult, remember little changes goes a long way in keeping you healthy.
While getting inked seems quite intimidating and excited at first, you better consume a hearty meal, and catch a good rest, and skip the alcohol and other no-no items. Finally, you and your tattoo artist would end the session on a happy note if all these tips were followed.
Before Getting A Tattoo
The process of getting a tattoo may be long or short; while some tattoos take hours to complete, others may be completed in a few minutes.
- It is first very important to do research about tattoos; you could also go to the place where the tattoo is done and ask them for clarifications. Those who really care about tattoos spend weeks to get to know about the tattoo.
- Getting a tattoo is like a bee stinging over and over again. Make sure whatever they use in a tattoo shop is neat and clean or sterilized; this is very important to avoid infection.
- A tattoo artist may offer different designs like flower designs, angel tattoos, tribal tattoos etc. to choose from. Flower tattoo design is preferred by both sexes, men and women alike. Flower design tattoos have a deep meaning in every culture and you can choose one from among them.
- Chemicals are widely used in the tattooing process, it is best, however, to remember that we are born natural and being natural is very safe. Doing unnatural things will have undesirable side effects on our health.
According to Harris poll 2015, about 4 in 10 people have a tattoo. There are various reports of the risks and infection caused by tattoos in the US Foods and drug administration.
The ink used can be contaminated even if the bottle is not sealed. It is a fact that the ink contains pigments used in printer or toner. First, consult your healthcare professional and ask for the brand of the ink.
Tattoo Ideas For Men And Women
There are a lot of tattoo art design ideas for both men and women.
Flower Tattoo Designs:
Flower tattoo designs or simply flower designs have gained a lot of prominence in the last decade or so. It is a general misconception that males don’t prefer to ink flower designs as their first tattoo art and only females choose them initially.
Tribal Tattoos Designs:
Tribal tattoos are ancient tattoos that are attention-grabbing and are used to differentiate between tribes in a particular area.
In ancient times natural materials like bone, bamboo were used in place of hollow needles using black ink; some have also used tattoos of red and yellow color.
In the case of men, to represent strength and fighting abilities, people used it on their arms, legs and stomach areas. This tattoo has thick black lines & they look great even on dark-skinned people.
You have to think a lot before getting this tattoo design idea because these dark lines are very difficult to remove.
Skull Tattoos Designs:
The most popular tattoo design after flower tattoo design is skull tattoos; they are dark and scary. There are the vast available range of skull tattoos and choosing the right one for you is very important.
It is costly, but definitely worth the money you pay. Skull tattoos come in various forms and sizes; they can be mixed with lots of subjects like hats and sunglasses.
Neck Tattoo Ideas Designs:
Choosing an appropriate neck tattoo will look not only great but also attractive. Women usually prefer flower tattoo design, rose tattoos or ribbon tattoos on the neck portion. Men prefer animals tattoos or wing tattoos.
The neck is the most sensitive part of the body. So getting a tattoo on your neck may be painful too. We have to become aware of the side effects of the tattoo.
Some people go for monkey tattoos in a fun vein. You can also go for words written on your neck at the side or back of the neck too.
There are limitless options for Tattoo Sleeves; they are perfect for both men and women and come in different sizes and shapes.
Nowadays, muscular men show off these tattoos during their gym training and the defined cuts in their body further enhance the beauty of the tattoo.
Many prefer to flaunt their tattoos during special occasions or important festivities by wearing sleeveless or a half-sleeved T-Shirt. One can go for a full arm tattoo depending upon their interest.
Men, especially those that want to show off their muscles or six-packs, prefer chest tattoos; they are really cool on these men.
They are becoming more popular nowadays as the chest is bigger and broad than other parts of the body.
Many designs like some fantasy creatures like the dragon on the chest are used for chest tattoos. Both men and women can go for wrist tattoos a sit has become the modern day’s craze.
You can pin any cute designs as the wrist is a place visible and can attract attention.
Heart tattoos are the most popular tattoo design, especially, amongst girls. They convey different meanings and based on the person, the tattoo design varies.
They are something unique in the field of style tattoos, and the look one gets is almost magical creating a 3D effect. Also, the network method is primarily used for spiritual and religious tattoos.
Tattoos For Girls:
Finding beautiful tattoos for girls, at times, can be a daunting task. Moreover, from dot tattoo to heart tattoo, the list appears endless for girls.
Feminine Tattoos To Meet Your Individual Choice:
When searching for tattoos, most women love something feminine, classy, or elegant. In addition, some of the feminine tattoos that come to mind include flowers.
- Crescent moon
- Red flowers
- Floral design
- Lotus tattoo
- Mandala compass
Classic Tattoos That Solidly Face The Test of Time:
Some iconic body art that is also considered as style tattoos include
- A Rose tattoo
- Traditional American Dagger
- Other birds such as Owl
How To Remove Tattoos?
It is best understood that Tattoo Removal is very expensive and difficult; it is more expensive than putting a tattoo.
Tattoos are removed by laser treatments. Depending on the size of the tattoos, you might have to go for 20 to 30 sessions to remove it permanently.
There are some other cases where tattoos are in the deep layer of the skin it may be impossible to remove it. Colour tattoos are difficult to remove; it is really easy to remove black shades.
Older tattoos fade easily than the newer ones; with darker skin pigments more difficult to deal with. Some of the complications in tattoo removal include hypopigmentation and fibrosis.
Some of the complications in tattoo removal include hypopigmentation and fibrosis.
Back Tattoos Ideas
Back tattoo are not common; they can be seen only when a guy removes and shows off his back. Back is obviously a large space like a chest; it has many designs. Remember back is wide, flat and long.
Choosing the right design is essential for the back tattoo. Pick a great design and you will be proud to show it off.
Here are certain things to consider with back tattoos:
- Overall design
You need to explain your design to the tattoo artist and let him know what kind of output you expect for the back tattoo and tattoo ideas. Once you have decided to have a back tattoo, it is essential to pick up the right theme or design for the tattoo artist.
The tattoo artist will show the designs or he may also ask you for your own style of design. Tell the tattoo artist if you want the tattoo for your fullback area or half-back area.
You can have a skull tattoo or a kitten face also on your back area. Also, try to go for patterns with wordings on it.
Tattoo Risks And Precautions
Tattooing is the process that is done without anesthetics. A tattoo artist uses a handheld machine that acts like a sewing machine. He uses one or more needles piercing the skin repetitively. Before you get a tattoo you must understand the risks involved.
There is no standard certification for doing tattooing.
Risks Of Getting A Tattoo
- The tattoo may cause skin allergies
- Tattoo dyes are of different colors namely red, green, yellow, etc. and hence can cause skin infection.
- The tattoo may produce rashes or redness or bumps in the area.
- This may also bring about fever and antibiotics may be used to cure this type of infection.
- Other symptoms include shaking, chills and sweats.
- A scar tissue known as granulomas may form while getting a tattoo. Unsterilized tools may cause infection on the skin.
- If the machine used for a tattoo is contaminated with blood, people are more prone to blood-borne diseases.
- Pain is always a factor. If the skin is punctured and bleeding comes then there is a high risk of causing blood-borne illness like hepatitis B.
- When people have MRI- magnetic resonance imaging, it may result in swelling or burning of the tattoo.
- Let your healthcare professional know that you have a tattoo before an MRI. Do it yourself kits which are available includes many risks factors.
- Metals and organic compounds are present in the tattoo inks.
- Ask to see the tools the artist uses.
- Make sure they use new needles and make sure the artist wears gloves.
Exciting and Inspiring Tattoo Quotes for the Defeated Soul
Tattoo quotes have been famous for plenty of reasons. In general, each and every one of these quotes has some interesting story behind its depiction. So, we present a rich collection of exciting tattoo quotes that motivate you to get a tattoo today.
- Sky Above Me, Earth Below Me, Fire Within Me
- Sometimes you gotta fall before you fly
- We live by the sun, we feel by the moon
- La vie est belle- Life is Beautiful
- Genius is – 1% inspiration, 99%- perspiration
- Never, never, never give up
- Everything you can imagine is real
- Turn your wounds into wisdom
- Wherever you go, go with all your heart
- Hope is a walking dream
- Live what you love
- The obstacle is the path
- The best revenge is a massive success
- Dream big and dare to fail
- Happiness is the way
The first thought that comes to one’s mind is whether tattoos are meaningful. Even teenagers get a tattoo done and find it meaningless as they grow old.
Tattoos are usually put in the covered parts of the body. The best location for a tattoo in the middle of the back, where it cannot be seen. But nowadays, people want to show off and hence fix tattoos on the visible parts of their body like hands.
But it is to be realized that many do not like to pick and engage those with visible tattoos. So it is imperative that parents are strict about tattoos and where their children embed the tattoo is crucial and vital.