An array of research entices to give details on as to why specific individuals can do a lot with so little, while others fritter away so much.
The science of stretching proposes a more fulfilling reply to that query with how basic stretching can revitalize us to do more without demanding more.
Try these simple stretches for your daily strength before your cardio workout. All in all, these Stretching Routines promote complete wellbeing.
In The Article
Main Focus Area – Neck section
- First, stand straight with both feet shoulder length
- Now, place your right hand on the left side portion of your head.
- Then, gently push your hand towards your right shoulder.
- Hold this posture for 20 seconds and relax. You will feel a relaxed relief in the neck area.
- Repeat the procedure on the other portion.
Hip Flexor Stretch
Main Focus Area – Glutes, hamstrings, quads, and hips section
- First, you position your body in a kneeling posture. Now, position your right leg forward into a simple lunge position.
- Ensure that your right leg stays firm at a solid 90-degree angle. Place your left knee flat on the floor.
- Then, place both your hands on the right knee. Now, lean or move your hips in a forward motion. Cling to this posture for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Finally, assume the starting posture and repeat the same on the remaining leg.
Main Focus Area – Upper body and oblique abdomen muscles section
- Stand in the attention posture. Now, stretch your hands overhead joining the hands together.
- Then, tilt your upper body towards the left side as far as you can while exhaling. Hold this posture for 10 seconds and return to the original position while inhaling.
- Now, tilt your body towards the right and pause it for 10 seconds. Then, return to the starting position. This completes one repetition.
- Perform 30 repetitions continuously.
Main Focus Area – Traps, mid-back, and lower back
- Start on the mat on your knees and hands with an erect spine. Let your head point towards the ground.
- Inhale and while you exhale, contract your abdomen inwards towards your spine. Now, point your head as if you are facing your legs.
- Hold this position for at least 20 seconds and then inhale as you return to your starting posture.
- Continue this stretch for 5 to 7 times.
Main Focus Area – Shoulder section
- First, stand straight with your feet measuring hip-width apart. Keep your shoulder completely relaxed. Drop your arms to your side.
- Now, gently rotate your shoulders clockwise
- After 20 seconds, rotate anti-clockwise.
- The shoulders bear a lot of stress. This simple stretch releases the build-up tension.
Main Focus Area – Hip section
- Stand flat on the ground with your feet at a hip-width distance. Place your hands on your hips and keep your knees slightly bent.
- Now, rotate your hips in a circular motion making larger circles.
- Finally, perform this exercise for 25 seconds and then do this stretch in the anti-clockwise direction.
Main Focus Area – Hamstrings
- Place a folded-towel like a pillow behind your head. Now lie face-up on the towel. Then, flex your feet and extend your legs.
- Now, bring the left knee towards your chest and lock your fingers behind hamstrings. Then, keep it close to your groin and stare at your chest.
- Do not raise your chin and keep it down.
- Next, stiffen your pelvic floor muscles and extend your legs all the while pushing your heels. In this way, the quad muscles get contracted.
- Repeat the whole process from the beginning. Perform 7 repetitions.
- Continue the same process keeping heel points in and thigh outward for at least 7 repetitions.
- Now relax and continue, keeping heel points out and toes point in for 7 repetitions.
- Finally, switch legs and do a minimum of 20 reps on both legs.
Main Focus Area – Legs, glutes, and hip flexors
- Stand straight with your feet simply hip-length apart. Place your arms sidewards.
- Now, take a big step forward with your left foot, and bring your body until your left thigh remains parallel to the ground. Ensure that both the knees are slightly bent at the right angle.
- Then, move your right foot forward reaching the starting position.
- At last, lunge forward with the other foot. Perform this stretch interchanging legs.
- Do 15-20 repetitions on both legs.
Modified Cobra Stretch
Main Focus Area – Abdomen section
- Lie facing the mat with thumbs placed directly under your shoulders. Then, you extend your legs with feet top on the ground.
- Stiffen your pelvic muscles, and keep hips downward. Now squeeze your glutes.
- Gently press your shoulders away from the ears and downwards.
- Exert through your index fingers and thumbs as you raise and expose your chest facing the wall.
- Repeat and perform 10 reps.
Main Focus Area – Chest, hamstrings, and glutes
- Lie flat on the floor with your face facing the sky. Now, bend your knees with your feet firmly placed flat on the ground. Keep your arms near you with palms facing the ground.
- Then, apply pressure to your heels and slowly raise your hips in line with your knees. Now, interlace your fingers right under your back. Gently roll your shoulders underneath your body.
- Finally, release the handclasp and bring your body to the ground.