“Oh! I am feeling stressed” is the most uttered phrase worldwide, at least in the last decade.
Stress means the unbearable burden on a person, which goes beyond his/her skill and motivation to satisfy or face a situational demand.
The term stress is unavoidable but its undue popularity for the wrong reasons is highly unwelcome. Solutions to stress always top the growth-tips list.
Causes of Stress
- Childhood Trauma – Recollection of a very painful incident that happened in the childhood days or the place and situation of upbringing during that age will cause stress.
- Finance – Financial worries is noted to one of the biggest creators of stress on a global basis. Specifically to state, people with high debts and running close to bankruptcy will face enormous stress.
- Death of a most loved person – Some research findings mention that the death of a most loved person could leave an individual shattered. For example, if an individual loses his spouse at a young age, he will face repeat stress.
- Health – If people face some personal health issue/s, then the worries surrounding costs for treatment will perturb them. Likewise, a sudden health collapse will leave such affected person to become inert (stunned) and struggle to overcome.
- Friends – This is another notable causative where arguments between friends will make all the involved to feel real stress. Unbearable or uncontrollable levels of anger will lead to quarrel and termination of friendship is highly probable.
- Job – Job-related stress is another major problem faced by people in their workplaces. The time-based demand for the completion of a job and compulsion to overwork will contribute to stress. Likewise, during down economic times, problems like layoff or downsizing of the workforce will accelerate stress, further.
- Divorce – Misunderstanding between husband and wife leading to application for divorce in a court is largely seen. The amount of tension that both of them face regarding surrounding issues like custody of a child, division of property and finances.
- Major Illness for your child – In case if a person is experiencing the pain of taking care of a chronically ill child then stress is most likely to attack him/her. Various worries surrounding the financial aspect of taking care of the child, the recovery period and future well-being of the child are generally seen.
- Pregnancy – The fear of safe child delivery or the doubts regarding financial and emotional readiness for child upbringing will cause stress in both women and men.
- Danger – When a person encounters dangerous situations like fire, road accidents or being victimized by someone, emotional stress will attack him/her. This stress could be a short-term, medium or long-term type.
Let us look into 10 best and simple solutions to say goodbye to the “stress” demon.
In The Article
Take Long Deep Breaths
The first simple thing that needs to be followed by stressed individuals is to take a minimum of 10 to 15 deep breaths.
Deep breathing exercise is found to be a good stress reliever for individuals battling with stress. It also reinforces the body to take up tasks, thereafter.
Deep breathing stands as the base for various yogic exercises.
Generate Self Confidence Through Self Talk
Self-motivation will be achievable for a stressed individual through positive self-talk. This might sound senseless to many people.
However, if a stressed individual works out calmly in some other ways to relieve stress it is highly probable to get good outcomes.
Self-motivation will be a useful tool to ensure confidence in moving further.
Focus On An Object For Some Time
During stressful times, keep focused on some object near you for a while and analyze it. This will enable your mind to get diverted from the stress-causing matter and gradually become relaxed.
Supposing, if you happen to be a park, look at a nearby tree and analyze various aspects like its leaves, branches, and roots.
Express Your Feelings
Most probably we will have heard people saying that it’s better to share your worries or feelings with others, maybe with a friend or family member or a well-wisher.
Your burden-filled mind will become lighter alongside gaining a sense of stress relief and happiness. Stress levels will get considerably reduced or be completely eliminated.
There is a traditional saying, “laughter is the best medicine”. Doctors even accede to this statement and recommend it to their patients.
Laughing off will tickle your nervous system and provide your mind with the needful happiness. According to medical science, when endorphins get released through laughter, positive things will happen.
The positives will be the good mood changes and the reduction in the levels of stress-causing hormones, adrenaline, and cortisol.
Listen To Good Music
Good music will be a definite solution for stressed minds to say goodbye to stress. Listening to good soothing music will ensure that the mind gets relaxed gradually from any stress.
The positive effects of decreased blood pressure and cortisol levels will happen. Cortisol is a hormone that causes stress and it will be largely alleviated.
Take A Break
Routine work will definitely lead to stress. This is commonly applied to all kinds of individuals, like businessmen, office goers, housewives, children, old-age people, etc.
Taking a break from work and going out for a tour with friends or family will definitely relieve stress.
Eat The Right Diet
Some good foods and vegetables, if included in the diet will give the necessary health and energy. Alongside, they will alleviate the stress levels.
Snacks, which contain excessive salts or sugars should be avoided.
Improve Your Sleeping Habits
Proper sleep habits must be developed to eliminate stress. Stress pervades the minds of humans and makes them lose their sleep.
It is better for people fighting stress to make themselves prepared before going to sleep. For example, just keep only a dim light switched on.
Keep this light on for, let’s say half an hour or an hour before going to sleep. A minimum sleep of 6 to 7 hours at night is usually recommended by doctors.
Drink Green Tea
Green Tea is an effective stress reliever since it contains very limited caffeine, good amount of antioxidants and theanine.
Theanine is an amino acid that is known to bring that soothing effect to the nervous system. Green Tea is proven to be a good refresher for stressed minds and it alleviates the problems of headaches and uneasiness.