Voila!!! Hands down, eyes speak the language of the heart and our thoughts very gracefully.
In general, eyes are considered as the window through which one can peep into your mysterious soul!
At present, with stressful lifestyle and continuous workload, they have started to lose their natural sheen.
Therefore, it’s our sole duty to maintain them. So, take a minute or two to browse through our simple inexpensive 10 primary eye care tips to improve your eye health.
In The Article
Eat Right, See Right
Intake of the right foods will keep your eyes healthy. Needless to mention, good eye care begins with the type of food you eat.
In addition, essential nutrients like vitamin E and vitamin C might postpone cataracts and macular degeneration. Furthermore, zinc, lutein, and omega-3 fatty acids also play an important role in protecting your eyes.
Therefore, eat these foods for excellent eye-health
- Pork and oysters
- Fruits that are high in citrus content like oranges etc.
- Foods that contain rich sources of protein including beans, nuts, and eggs.
- Oily fishes such as tuna and salmon.
- Collards, kale, spinach, carrot and also green leafy vegetables.
Extra Eye-Care Tips
A complete and wholesome diet reduces the risk of diabetes(type 2) which generally causes blindness.
Stay Smart And Wear UV Protection Shades
Nevertheless, wear sunglasses to remain an integral part of any fashion world and their vital task is to save your eyes.
In other words, wearing the right type of sunglasses will not only save your eyes but can also prevent eye diseases.
Also, you can choose a sunglass that stops the UVB and UVA rays.
Smoking Kills (Your Eyes Too!)
As per reports, tobacco smoking can cause eye diseases like age-related macular degeneration, optic nerve damage, and cataracts. Of course, smokers face the high risk of eye diseases when compared to non-smokers.
Are You A Computer Geek?
As a matter of fact, staring continuously at the phone or computer monitor can result in
- Shoulder, back, or neck pain
- Dry eyes
- Focus problem
- Blurred vision
Some Simple Primary Eye Care Tips
- Kindly ensure that your contact lenses or glasses are good and updated for glancing at the monitor or phone.
- Additionally, in the case of persistent eye issues, contact your family doctor for computer glasses.
- Another tip, position the computer screen in such a way that you glance down.
- For example, you can also take advantage of screens available in the market (anti-glare monitors).
- Sit in a supportive yet comfortable chair and place your feet completely flat.
- Also, practice blinking if you are suffering from dry eye syndrome.
- Finally, give ample rest to your eyes and to avoid vision problems. Remember to move away from your seat every 2 hours for 10 minutes.
- Eating dark leafy greens like kale, spinach, and collard greens are essential for healthy eyes.
- Try to follow the 20-20-20 rule that is every 20 minutes look 20 feet away in front for 20 seconds.
- To avoid infection, wash your hands properly before taking or putting contact lenses.
- Wear sunglasses, to protect your eyes from rations like UV-A and UV-B.
- Stop smoking or don’t start, because it may damage your optic nerve.
Good Health Guarantees Better Eyesight
Some key health performance indicators like blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels must be under control. It is mandatory for each individual to keep a close watch on these indicators.
Equally important, have a chat with your family persons and it’s necessary to know about hereditary vision problems.
Overall, with this knowledge, you can handle your eye injury with much more clarity and sensitivity.
Work Smart, Take Intelligent Breaks
Avoid sitting for long hours in front of your computer at the office. You better learn to take some breaks in the middle of your work.
In case, if your job involves focusing or looking at the computer day-in and day-out, follow the 20-20-20 rule.
In other words, look 20 feet away every 20 minutes and for almost 20 seconds. As a result, this simple technique can reduce eye injury.
Simple Eye Care Exercises - Anywhere, Anytime
Give exercise to your eyes regularly so that the eye muscles get that needed relaxation. If you ever catch yourself rubbing or squinting your eyes regularly, do not worry since you have countless company.
Nowadays, average Americans spend close to eight hours on a daily basis. However, these simple eye exercises are easy to follow across all age groups-
In this exercise, gently rub your palms for some 15 seconds and position your palm on the eyes with hands placed on your forehead.
Remember, do not directly touch the eyeballs, and form a hollow like opening with your hands over the eyes.
Finally, keep doing this palming technique as long as you feel relaxed and soothing.
Sit relaxed in a comfortable chair and shift your eyesight towards the roof. Now, gently circle your eyes first in clockwise and then in an anti-clockwise direction.
Gaze at an object in the distance
Focus your attention on an object at a distance and stay focussed as relaxed as possible. After few minutes, shift your focus to another object.
Smile and enjoy the sight.
Firstly, stretch one arm straight with thumbs pointing towards the sky. Concentrate on your thumb. Then, gradually pull your thumb towards your eyes.
Stop for few seconds, and then bring your arm to the original position.
Light is Key!
Always work in an environment that is fitted with proper bright lights. This will ensure that the eyes do not face stress while looking at the computer monitor.
Moreover, when protective eyewear is integral to your job, ensure that you wear the same at all times as per rules.
Also, kindly educate your co-workers to wear them.
Never Skip Periodic Eye Test
Periodic eye checkups will make you familiar with the current health status of your eyes. For example, a yearly or bi-annual visit to your eye specialist is best recommended. Since every individual could be at the risk of contracting major eye diseases, it is better to act wisely.
In general, irrespective of your gender and age, eye check-ups can be really useful in detecting
- Systemic eye diseases such as eye bleeding and eye swelling which can one day turn disastrous.
- Eye diseases such as diabetic eye trouble or glaucoma.
- Strabismus which can cause amblyopia and depth perception.
- Amblyopia occurs when an eye misaligns and behaves differently from the other eye.
A Good Night Sleep Cost Is All You Need
Medically, it is stipulated that the human eyes need to rest for a minimum of 8 hours. People should understand that a good sleep (especially the specified hours which signifies the comfortable night sleep) is one of the crucial factors in determining the health of a person’s eyes.
In other words, eyes also need rest and it’s every person’s prerogative to sleep daily without any excuse.