Piles or haemorrhoid refers to vascular structures present in the anal canal. Generally, they act as cushions, which help in stool control.
Once they become abnormal, they get transformed into piles of disease where swelling or inflammation become indicators.
Haemorrhoid conditions could be internal or external. Internal haemorrhoid signifies painless red rectal bleeding, experienced while passing stools.
Contrarily, external haemorrhoids cause swelling and pain in the anus area and darker bleeding is noticeable.
The effective and time-tested natural healers to treat and cure piles constitute.
In The Article
Aloe Vera enjoys the reputation as one of the best products given by nature to treat haemorrhoids or piles. Aloe Vera possesses both therapeutic and anti-inflammatory properties that will definitely alleviate the exasperation caused by piles.
Aloe vera works effectively in treating both internal and external haemorrhoids.
For treating external haemorrhoids or piles:
Apply a small bit of aloe vera gel to the anus and gently massage that area. The effects of such treatment are calming down the burning sensation and relief from pain.
For treating internal haemorrhoids or piles:
Firstly, cut the aloe vera leaves into strips. The thorn-like parts of the plant must be definitely cut off. The leaf slices must be placed inside a container and let it freeze out.
Then, that icy cold aloe vera strip needs to be applied to the haemorrhoid area. This will help in getting rid of the burning and itching sensations alongside the nagging pain.
Generally, ice is known to be the most usually recommended home treatment for haemorrhoids (or) piles condition.
The immediate positive effects of applying ice:
- Diminution in swelling
- Construction of the blood vessels
- Provide immediate pain relief
How to do a treatment using an icepack
Apply an ice pack or a partially melted piece of ice wrapped in a cloth directly on the affected area for about 10 minutes.
Repeat this treatment for multiple times in a day and ensure that hemorrhoid vanishes.
Using a pack of frozen vegetables like corn or peas can be followed. Next, wrap the pack in a tea towel and then apply it on the haemorrhoid-affected area.
You need to do this process at least for 20 minutes at a time, three times a day.
Lemon juice is valuable for people with piles because it can make the blood vessel walls and capillaries stronger.
Application of lemon juice to control/cure piles
- Soak a cotton ball with freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Then, apply it on the haemorrhoid
- At the outset, a kind of burning sensation or mild tingling will happen. Following this will be an immediate relief from the pain
- Else, squeeze half a lemon into a cup of hot milk and drink it. The process can be repeated after every three hours and it will prove valuable.
- Mix half teaspoon of lemon juice, mint juice, ginger juice, and honey. Consume it once in a day.
Since coconut oil contains natural moisturizers, it could be useful in treating symptoms of piles.
- Coconut oil could decrease the swelling and irritation alongside eliminate that feeling to scratch.
- Coconut oil is generally known for possessing anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It is effective for treating both internal and external haemorrhoids.
- Coconut oil enables improved bowel movement for haemorrhoid sufferers by lubricating their rectum and relieves them from constipation. Constipation is a major causative of haemorrhoids disease.
- Coconut oil can get along with a mixture of various other oils or individually by itself, in curing haemorrhoids.
How to Use coconut oil in treating haemorrhoids
- Take some cotton strips and make them into a ball
- Soak that cotton ball in pure coconut oil
- Apply the soaked cotton ball all over the haemorrhoids-affected area and hold for 5 to 10 minutes
- Again, apply coconut oil after some time on the haemorrhoids at least 3 to 4 times a day. Follow this practice until such time a comprehensive heal, happens.
Olive oil will be most effective in treating external haemorrhoids or piles due to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Advantages of Olive oil
- Enhances the elasticity of blood vessels
- When the blood vessels gain elasticity, it will decrease inflammation and reduce the size of swollen blood vessels in the anal canal
How to use Olive oil for treating haemorrhoids or piles
- Daily, take a teaspoon of olive oil because it will decrease inflammation. Monounsaturated fats will improve the functionality of the excretory system.
- You need to crush the juices out of some plum leaves and then add them to olive oil.
- The mixture containing olive oil and plum leaves juice must be applied to the haemorrhoids-affected area. Once people with haemorrhoids take up this treatment, they will get relief from swelling and pain.
Since Almond oil possesses emollient and deep tissue absorption features, it is effective for majorly treating external haemorrhoids.
However, it will also be effective in treating internal haemorrhoids.
How to use Almond oil for treating piles
- Soak a cotton ball in pure almond oil and then rub it gently on the piles-affected area.
- Almond oil can moisturize the wound and drastically alleviate inflammation. It will provide relief to the piles patient from the burning and itching, felt in and around the anus.
- The stated process needs to be applied for a reasonable amount of times in a day.
Whole grain products consumption will be helpful for people with haemorrhoids because it contains an adequate amount of fiber.
Intake of fiber-rich food will be valuable for patients with piles to get relieved from bleeding and other symptoms. Fiber-rich foods can soften stools and increase its bulk, which helps reduce straining during bowel movements.
Wheat possesses merits like avoidance of constipation, cleaning out the gastrointestinal system and gives added strength to the colon to work more effectively.
Witch Hazel is an effective herb that can cure conditions like haemorrhoid (or) piles.
Step-wise treatment of Hemorrhoid using Witch Hazel
- Preparation of the Witch Hazel Astringent
Firstly, the herbal mixture can be either bought from a drugs store. Otherwise if not possible, the leaves and bark of the Witch Hazel plant can be extracted, sieved and mixed with water.
Generally, it is best advised to buy that herbal blend instead of doing the tasks of extracting and mixing.
- Use cotton or some absorbent cloth
- Take some cotton and roll it with your fingers to make it into a small ball
- Dip that cotton into the Witch Hazel astringent and then start to apply it directly to the haemorrhoid-affected area.
- Continuously place that cotton on the affected area for a minimum of 3 minutes
- After this, change the cotton and put a fresh set of cotton, which is soaked in Witch Hazel
- Note that once after a bowel moment, a new set of cotton needs to be soaked in Witch Hazel and then placed again on the anus
- You must do this process for 15 minutes after defecating each time during those 2 to3 days, on a regular basis
- Remember, that the new cotton soaked with witch hazel must be applied while going to sleep. The purpose of doing this is to expose the haemorrhoids on Witch Hazel overnight.
- Utilize the Witch Hazel suppositories
Suppositories could be an effective replacement treatment for cotton with Witch Hazel if cotton usage doesn’t work. Insertion of a suppository into the anus is normally recommended to be done on a daily basis because they can expose haemorrhoids, longer than cotton. Witch Hazel suppositories will cure internal haemorrhoids very effectively because they are inserted into the anus.
- Avert Constipation problem
Constipated stools must definitely be eliminated by people with piles. Then only, the witch hazel can prove its effectiveness for curing haemorrhoid-affected patients.
- Basic steps to be followed by haemorrhoid sufferers are:
- Instant change in diet even if they suffer from constipation
- Maintain a diet, which is rich in fiber and lots of fluids.
- Bowel movements must be undertaken if they really feel that necessity to excrete
- Unnecessary stress to bring out a bowel movement will result in putting further stress on the haemorrhoids.
Witch Hazel can prove its worthiness, only upon appropriate application.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Piles condition will be excellently treated by pure and natural apple cider vinegar. However, treatment of haemorrhoids varies because they could be of external or internal nature.
Treatment for people with external haemorrhoids
- Take a cotton ball and immerse it in apple cider vinegar.
- Apply it directly on the haemorrhoids for getting swift relief.
- A notable point is that, while directly applying vinegar, it could give a stinging sensation for some time. However, it will immediately reduce the pain and itching sensation.
Treatment for people with internal haemorrhoids
Take a teaspoon of vinegar with water and it could give relief from bleeding and pain.
When the body is properly hydrated, its metabolism can operate phenomenally well. Hydration will cause bodily functions and different systems to work to their peak strength.
In the case of haemorrhoids, it is a very crucial point to reckon.
If the circulatory system works smoothly, the veins near the rectum and anus will not experience any big pressure.
People who keep their body well hydrated will definitely see their circulation system to work extraordinarily well.
Hydration plays an important role in preventing haemorrhoids. The general practice followed by most people is to drink six to eight glasses of water each day.
Remaining hydrated is not just essential for people to avoid prevent haemorrhoids but even for enhancing their overall health.
It is normally noted that people suffering from haemorrhoids do manage to decrease its recurrence by maintaining proper hydration.