Superfoods contain nutrients that are enticing to your physique and palate. Moreover, from brain health to soft skin and weight control, including the right foods makes a big difference.
In fact, the brain, a vital part of our system, also needs some vital nutrients to work properly. Therefore, we present a list of 10 super healthy brain foods that stimulate the nervous system and your memory for good.
In The Article
Almonds And Almond Milk
Almonds contain plenty of vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids that enrich the brain. More than regulating skin health, almond milk health benefits are
- Enables muscles to intake energy for growth and repair.
- Help maintain optimum blood pressure and heart health.
- Manages blood sugar levels.
- Build strong bones.
- Maintains proper and healthy eye function.
- The high content of folate and Vitamin K in avocados stops blood clot and stroke.
- Avocados enhance concentration and memory power.
- Most importantly, they contain a low amount of sugar and a high level of protein when compared with other fruits.
- Vitamin K in broccoli increases brain’s cognitive skills and brain power.
- Glucosinolates, a chemical in broccoli slows down the breakdown of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter responsible for memory and brain sharpness.
- Enables the nervous system to work efficiently.
- Broccoli helps keep Alzheimer’s disease at bay.
- Carotenoids in broccoli act as a toxic removal agent.
- Acts as an effective weight management tool in your body.
- Promotes healthy digestive due to rich fibre content.
- Reduces the growth of a tumour causing cells.
- Ensures good heart health.
- Sulforaphane in broccoli drives away cancer-causing chemicals.
In fact, chocolate manufacturers are very versatile when it comes to bulk production. Moreover, almost 70% of them available for sale carry very fewer nutrients or any health benefit.
- Dark chocolates are filled with flavonols that act as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents.
- Flavonols help to improve blood supply to both heart and brain.
- Skip white chocolate and milk and increase the intake of dark chocolate with 70% cocoa content for an active brain.
See Also: Delicious Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake
Researchers have found that people who consumed an egg daily performed well in certain memory tests.
- Eggs are super rich in B vitamin and choline.
- Choline in eggs helps produce acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that improves memory and communication among brain cells.
- Fruits loaded with vitamin C or anti-oxidant powers your nervous system’s efficiency to heal and prevent illness.
- As per reports, fruits rich in antioxidants can reduce the risk of fibromyalgia. Again, this disorder affects more women and symptoms include depression, headaches, and fatigue.
- For example, fruits such as berries and tomatoes are rich in anti-oxidants.
- Therefore, add fresh fruits while preparing your cereal or smoothies.
Green Leafy Vegetables
- Green leafy vegetables consist of Magnesium, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B complex that improves the functioning of the nervous system.
- Vitamin B in green leafy vegetables is vital for circulating and synthesizing neurotransmitters. Moreover, these brain chemicals manage digestion, respiration, and heartbeat.
- Presence of Magnesium in green leafy vegetables calms the nervous system.
- However, vitamin C and E aids present in green leafy vegetables support the anti-ageing process.
- Nuts can enhance cognition skills and can also stop neurological disorder.
- As per reports, women who regularly consumed nuts had a better memory than non-nut eaters.
- They contain Vitamin E, antioxidants, and healthy fats that boost brain health.
- Presence of Vitamin E safeguards the cell membranes from the damage of free radicals; thereby reducing mental decline.
Different Types of Healthy Nuts
- They contain good levels of omega-3 fats which stimulates brain performance.
- Rich in iron, zinc, and manganese.
- Improves membrane and skin
- Polyphenolic antioxidants in walnuts slow the growth of free radicals.
- Plays a major role in reducing blood pressure levels
- Prevents cancer
- Acts as a brilliant source of zinc, iron, copper, and magnesium.
- In addition, pumpkin seeds contain several active antioxidants that save the brain and body from the damage of free radicals.
- Magnesium improves memory and learning and low levels of magnesium can cause epilepsy, depression, and migraines.
- Human brain requires copper to manage nerve signals and copper deficiency can cause Alzheimer’s.
- Zinc mineral remains important for nerve signaling; zinc deficiency can cause depression and Parkinson’s disease.
- Omega-3 fats in salmon strengthen brain function. Not to mention, omega -3 provokes brain function by promoting cognitive function.
- Low levels of omega-3 content reflect in poor mental performance and smaller brain volume.