There is a lot of talk about technology and efficiency these days, with users expecting the new innovations to be helped in their day to day activities to make their work at ease and fast. Innovative ideas are increasing rapidly each year and increase to a peak as to what changes users will have seen by the year 2020. Some of the Top Futuristic Technology Trends that hits in 2017 are been discussed below.
Physical and Digital Integration
- The speed of Modern applications and technology has evolved and developed at such an incredible and rapid pace that they have quickly replaced things which we’ve known and used for a pretty long time.
- Moreover, technology has started to grow at such a brisk pace breaking away from brick and mortar stores, we cannot fail to notice the growth of big online stores such as Flipkart and Amazon.
- The gold standard of integration is to have pricing, messaging, delivery, returns, and all other aspects of the customer experience united across physical and digital properties.
- In fact, this was the second-biggest goal for marketers in 2017, with 37% saying they want to tie the customer experience journey together across both physical and digital engagements.
Some Recent Examples of this Technology are:
- Retail: The North Face
- Walmart Integrating Digital and Physical Retail
In The Article
IoT(Internet of Things) and Smart Home Tech
Internet of Things (IoT) is defined as a device of internetworked computing device, digital machine, mechanical equipment, objects, animals or people that are embedded with electronics, software, sensors or, actuators, to collect and transfer data within the interconnected devices without Human to Human or Human to Computer Interaction. The IPv6’s (Internet Protocol Version 6) huge address space is an important factor in the development of the Internet of Things. The Internet of Things Technology can be used in many industries today such as precision agriculture, building management, healthcare, energy, and transportation.
Some examples of the Internet of Things Technology are:
- A person with heart monitor implant, to alert the caretaker about the heart rate of the person
- A farm animal with a biochip transponder to alert the caretaker when the animal moves off from this site
- An automobile that has built-in sensors to alert the driver when tire pressure is low
- Or other natural or man-made object that can be assigned an IP address and provided with the ability to transfer data over a network Smart Home Tech products.
Some of the top smart home products are discussed below:
Eco bee 3 smart thermostat
It can be used in upstairs and downstairs hallways to cool the room according to your availability in the room, thus saving money.
Sonos Wireless Speaker system
It can be used in Kitchen, living room, bedrooms, bathrooms, rooftop deck to play music anywhere.
Philips Hue Smart Light Bulbs
It can be used throughout the house and allows changing colors of the light.
It can be used in Kitchen and can be controlled by Human voice.
Kwikset Z-Wave Locks
It can be used in Outside doors to lock and unlock doors with the tap of a finger.
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener
It can be used in Garage and used to check whether the Garage door is opened or closed from anywhere in the world.
Jasco Z-Wave outdoor modules
It can be used in Backyard, rooftop to control Christmas lights or fans with your smartphone.
Smart homes filled with connected products are loaded with possibilities to make our lives easier, more convenient, and more comfortable.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
As the technology is improving at a rapid pace, the things which are not possible before 10 years are happening today. Impossible things are coming true in the form of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
- Augmented Reality (AR)– Used to make user experiences more meaningful through engaging interactions. It allows experiencing real world using computer-generated layers. Examples of Augmented Reality Technology are ClueKeeper and Zappar app.
- Virtual reality (VR) – Used to create a virtual world for users to interact with it. Virtual reality technology is mostly used for video games and social networking in a virtual environment, such as Second Life, or even PlayStation Home.
Magic Leap, an Augmented Reality company is leading the way in this field by attempting to create a brand new innovative head mountable gear wherein the real-world subjects or objects will be superimposed with modern 3D computer-created visuals by jutting an artificial digital light into the customer’s eye, making use of latest technology in the arena of computer vision and augmented reality.
Some examples of Virtual Reality Technology that hits in 2017 are Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR, Google Cardboard.
Some of the Industries are trying to trial both Virtual Reality and Augmented reality in projects such as First Life at the Natural History Museum and Parthenon sculptures and Bronze Age exhibitions at the British Museum.
It is a new kind of technology wherein the computers are taught to learn without any explicit coding or programming. It is a branch of Artificial Intelligence or simply AI. With new information coming up, new programs are created that suits the requirement. The process of machine learning is similar to that of data mining.
In the past decade, machine learning has given us self-driving cars, practical speech recognition, effective web search, and a vastly improved understanding of the human genome. Machine learning is so pervasive today that you probably use it dozens of times a day without knowing it. Machine learning brings together computer science and statistics to harness that predictive power. It’s a must-have skill for all aspiring data analysts and data scientists or anyone else who wants to wrestle all that raw data into refined trends and predictions.
Some examples of Machine Languages are listed below:
- Web page classification: various spam and junk pages, like soft404, and parked domain.
- Entity extraction from web page and queries, like names, addresses.
- Speller correction, running on each query into Bing.
- Search ranking, optimize for NDCG.
- Facebook Ads ranking: various events prediction, like CTR, negative feedback, conversion, etc.
Machine learning has taken some massive strides forward in the past few years, even emerging to assist and enhance Google’s core search engine algorithm.
- The field of robotics is currently witnessing exponential rate of growth.
- The Robotics is defined as the science and technology behind the design, the manufacturing and the application of Robots.
- The Robots are defined as a programmable mechanical device performing tasks and interacting with its environment, without the help of a human.
- In the last few decades the know-how of creating a robot was available only with selected techno-savvy individuals, but due to technological advancement, the robots have become a common sight in this new millennium.
- At present, there are robots that are built with technology to carry out rescue and search operations for exploring wreckage, mines, and defusing bombs; assistive support robots; robotic cars; and household chores performing robots.
- Many independent corporations and governments are showing keen interest to use robotic technology to bring about fast economic and social development in their respective country.
- Nowadays, Robots have become an integral part of our day to day lives. A major example of Robotics in 2017 is the Robot Magic Kingdom in Disney theme parks in which huggable humanoids will play characters from Disney.
Other major Robotics examples in 2017 are listed below:
- Robot ‘Telepathy’ that will Make Self-Driving Cars Safer
- Mating Robots Taking a Fast-Forward Leap in Digital Darwinism
- Robot Help Perform Cochlear-Implant Surgery to implant a hearing device into a deaf woman’s ear.
Humanized Big Data
Big data acts as a technology for collecting and analyzing huge amount of data. Using this technology we can plan for better medical treatments and better marketing campaigns. Eenormous volume and detail of data can be captured by enterprises, or by using the multimedia, social media, and the Internet of Things.
Current trend in Big data is pointed directly towards “humanized big data” which allows even non-data scientists to get clear answers from big data analyses and use them as a basis for decision making. In 2017, these Big data technology, will be seeking more empathic and qualitative data and will protect theses data in a more visual and accessible way
Big Data Technology will represents an opportunity for us to re-imagine our world, track new signals that were impossible.
- Everything on demand is where consumers expect to be able to access and extract value from their products and services instantly. Consumers expect to be able to access products and services instantly, as can be seen with micro-moments.
- Nowadays, many people have smartphones inbuilt with 4Gtechnology along with location features.
- This allows the consumers to become accustomed to buying things online. In order to address the issue of marketplace trust, top companies including Airbnb, Uber, and Amazon have adopted user reviews and ratings, and cloud technology/storage allows customers to view and manage their account information no matter where they are located, and whatever device they use.
- At present, people prefer to use services that are quick and smart like Uber apps. None prefer to wait in the line or a queue. There are lots of apps available on the market to get even food delivered at the footstep, get free or paid rides, and even a small cozy place to sleep, but something more advanced is waiting to happen according to experts.
- One such fine example is Krify; a wearable cum mobile app development studio situated in India and London.
- The Everything On-Demand Technology allows us to manage our lives with one click of a button at home or at work.
Synthetic Foods are produced or manufactured with technology advancements. These types of Synthetic Foods usually contain a high amount of protein. Synthetic foods are developed from food substances that have been chemically synthesized. The Synthetic Foods are also known as artificial foods.
Artificial and synthetic food products normally mimic natural products in odor, taste, and appearance. In reality, latest modern synthetic or artificial organic chemistry enables the amalgamation of any normal food substance using chemicals as such.
The idea of deriving synthetic food products from chemical elements and of obtaining artificial food products from lower organisms was advanced in the late 19th century by D. I. Mendeleev.
The approach of producing Synthetic Foods are been taken by companies that use microbes and other biotechnologies to produce enzymes and proteins that are added to foods. But so far, none of these synthetic foods have reached the marketplace. But a handful of startup companies in the United States and elsewhere are trying to scale up production. By the end of 2017, some of the companies are planning to provide cow-free dairy products. And in about five years they are planning to provide cell-cultured meatballs, hot dogs, and sausages on store shelves.
Smart Auto Vehicles
Most of the industries have turned their investment towards the Internet of Things, and one major investing part is in Smart Cars. We can expect 94 million Smart cars to ship in 2021, and for 82% of all cars shipped in that year to be connected.
Smart Cars are defined as a new age car that favors fuel efficiency, features hassle-free technology to park in any cramped spaces, and also remain environment-friendly. Normal Smart Cars have a unique appearance which looks almost like a cube on wheels, with the front edge trimmed down.
In recent times, the auto sector is flooded with lots of Smart Cars equipped with mind-blowing futuristic technology. An example of a 2017 Smart Car is A Smart car that unassumingly blends fun with fair providing a rich superlative travel experience. Lately, self-driven smart cars are seeing a lot of interest in the areas of research and development.
Researchers are trying to develop smart cars in such a way that the cars have self-driving capabilities to –
- Maneuver traffic jams and analyze & move appropriately
- Provide remote valet support by using a key fob, smartwatch, or a smartphone to park a car within a small space.
- Handle lane changes with latest blind spot creative technology.
- By the end of 2020, we can expect more smart cars in the World.
Drone (unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) is an aircraft working without a human pilot aboard. These are controlled manually by pilots from Ground or operated according to Pre-programmed Software. Drones are used in places where normal flight or manned flight is considered too risky or too difficult to operate. The Drones helps us to provide troops with a 24-hour “eye in the sky”, seven days a week. Each Drone aircraft can stay aloft for up to 17 hours at a time, loitering over an area and sending back real-time imagery of activities on the ground. So the use of drones has grown quickly in recent years.
They are much cheaper than military aircraft and they are flown remotely so there is no danger to the flight crew. Thus mostly the Drones are used in the military for delivering precision strikes without the need for more intrusive military action.
Different types of Drones are used nowadays:
- Camera drones: They are called as ready-to-fly quadcopters having stabilized cameras for shooting video and stills.
Some examples of Camera Drones are DJI MAVIC PRO, DJI PHANTOM 4 and 3, DJI Inspire 2 and so on.
- Drone Racing: It acts as a real sport with real competitions and very real prize money, and it’s starting to take off all over the world.
Some examples of Racing Drones are TBS VENDETTA, IMMERSIONRC VORTEX 250 PRO, IMMERSIONRC VORTEX 285, LUMENIER QAV 250 and so on.
- Toy Drones: They are simple and fun toys.
Some examples of Toy Drones are SYMA X5C, HUBSAN X4, BLADE NANO QX and so on.
Chat Bots and Conversational Interfaces
Chat bots and conversational UI are all the rage.
Conversational Interfaces refers to a program interface that communicates with human users via chat. Conversational Interface is typically used by artificial intelligence scientists and researchers who are engaged in various human-computer interaction projects and research in agent-based interfaces, particularly those with anthropomorphic appearance.
Chat Bots are defines as an automated messaging service, powered by rules or artificial intelligence that a user can interact with via a messaging platform. This Chat Bots are live in any major chat product such as chat Facebook Messenger, Kik, Slack, Telegram,Text Messages, etc. or as a stand-alone interface.
Some industries working on Chat Bots are listed below:
- Google is working on Chat Bots
- Microsoft announced Skype Bots, including Video based Skype Bots.
- Cisco Spark will be adding Bots to its Mobile Collaboration Service.
- Kik, which has over 240 Million registered users, just added a Bot App Store.
- Slack has made making basic bots easy, but remember they are very basic for things like List Building and reminders.
Thus these Futuristic Technology has improved our quality of life to improve our standards of living such as non-materialistic qualities of life (healthcare, education etc) or materialistic qualities of life such as the use of smartphones etc.