Fat burners help to burn fat, but they cannot replace diet or exercise plan. Does the question now arise as to what are fat burners? Let’s find out.
In The Article
What Is A Fat Burner?
Fat burners are supplements or drugs that are designed with ingredients that help give a boost to help burn fats. They cannot replace a solid diet or exercise plan.
Many uses these dietary supplements do not only remove fats but also help them to lose weight and achieve the desired effect within a short time.
How Do Fat Burners Work?
There is a question that is asked by many people, “Do fat burners actually work?
The answer is “Yes,” though they are not magical as some of them may say. They definitely help you to lose weight and look great if you follow the right method; it does not come about just by swallowing a pill.
Fat burners are those fitness supplements that increase metabolism, energy and reduce appetite and help increase the number of calories that you burn. It is this that translates to weight loss.
Some of the ingredients in these fat burners signal certain hormones like epinephrine to break down fats and ensure they are used by the body as a fuel source.
Ingredients In Fat Burners And How They Work?
If we take a close look at the ingredients in fat burners you will find that they contain; we could see how they work
the short form of, that is a polyunsaturated fat is found in many fat burners. This compound is found in many meat sources like grass-fed cows. Studies have proved that Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) have fat loss properties.
2. Green Tea
3. Black Pepper
Black Pepper is also found in many fat burners; research shows that it reduces the development of fat cells and helps a person to stay slim.
4. L-Carnitine Tartrate
Next L-Carnitine Tartrate, an amino-acid found in many fat burners helps the body to convert fat into a source of energy that helps improve exercise performance.
Found in fat burners acts as a stimulant and increases the flight or fight hormones like epinephrine and they signal the breakdown of fatty acids and release them into the bloodstream that is used finally as fluid. Caffeine is also an appetite suppressant.
6. Green coffee bean
Green coffee bean extract is one of the popular weight loss supplement found in many fat burners. There is some promising research in this area that green coffee bean extract like green tea is a good antioxidant. Chlorogenic acid has good weight loss effects.
From an exotic fruit from China increases the body’s thermal temperature and helps burn more calories. It suppresses the appetite significantly.
An extract found in fat burners is a weight loss supplement that is found in tropical fruit. Studies show that it has a moderate effect on weight loss.
The combination of all these ingredients makes the fat burners work. The stimulant like the effect of fat burners release hormones like epinephrine and norepinephrine that mobilizes the fat from fat sources into the bloodstream.
The fat in the fat stream does not disappear magically and they are burned into energy by the body when you work out regularly. The lack of exercise does not create energy and the fat is released into the bloodstream and is stored again as fat.
It is best to remember here that fat burners help weight loss by suppressing the natural appetite and by increasing thermogenesis or heat in the body. Both a natural appetite suppressant and thermogenesis translates into weight loss.
It is, however, important to understand that weight loss with fat burners works best with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
How To Pick The Right Fat Burner?
It is best to know what a fat burner does, but it is very difficult and overwhelming to choose the right one with various fat burners available in the market. Here are a few tips to pick the right type of fat burner.
Tips to select the right fat burner
You need to take care if you are trying a fat burner for the first time. It is best to start with the one that is not jam-packed with stimulants as this is not the right formulation to start your weight loss program.
Fat burners designed for advanced users have more stimulants and may result in negative side effects in a beginner.
- If a beginner starts with a stronger version, he/she will be overstimulated and will develop a super quick tolerance and not be able to handle the strength.
- Always go in for a fat burner with 100 mg of stimulant per serve; in case of doubt, enquire at your store.
- Next, learn to read and grasp the nutrition panel and ingredients listing of the supplement; it is best to be informed and see if they have some strong evidence about it.
- The listing may sometimes be confusing. You could refer to useful websites as Examine.com if summarizing is difficult for you.
- In the listing note the recommended dosage, all the ingredients that have been used and the amount of each ingredient in the fat burner.
- A company that gives all details is pretty happy with the formula; this is one of the best indicators.
- The next tip in selecting a fat burner is to choose between a tablet, capsule or powdered form. This depends on your own choice and preferences.
- Picking up the right form will boost your compliance. If you do not like the powder form or are taking many of them, it is best to invest in fat burner capsules or tablets.
- Next, it is to be noted that you could take a powdered or flavored supplement if you do not drink enough water and are not hydrated.
- When you select the right form of fat burner you will be able to stick on to it for a long time and would be successful in your weight loss and fat burning program.
Precautions Before Taking Fat Burners
- If you are taking other supplements then ensure that the fat burner is in conjunction with the supplement and complements the other supplement.
- If you are taking a fat loss powder with caffeine in it, then ensure the fat burner has a lower dose of caffeine or stimulant.
- Also if you are already on certain fat loss supplements ensure you pick a fat burner with different ingredients so you have a better-rounded experience.
- If you are on a pre-workout ensure you have a stimulant-free fat burner so that you do not overload your body with stimulants and cut down on the length of their effectiveness.
- Know your weight loss goals before you select a fat burner; different fat burners focus on certain aspects of fat loss.
- Some may have fatter metabolite or fat releasers ingredients, while still others may have thermogenic or calorie burners, while still others may have more energy booster or appetite suppressant ingredients.
- You should focus on what you need and find the right set of ingredients. If you are confused to consult a friendly professional and do more research to find out.
Do not think you are making a shot in the darkness; you could try a fat burner for a period of 6 to 8 weeks before you decide if it is working for you. If not you could find something new and try it.
Remember along with the fat burner you also have to work on your training and nutrition. Remember a good fat burner should raise your energy levels and help you reach your weight loss goals real fast.
Benefits Of A Fat Burner
Fat burner has many benefits. The journey to lose weight is not easy and there could be times when you are eating bland food or digging deep to get through a vomit-inducing workout.
Here are a few benefits of a fat burner
1. Fat burners help you lose fat both directly as well as indirectly
The main way in which we put on weight is by taking more calories than we burn; this could be due to a lack of physical activity or consuming a lot of food.
However, there are other conditions like stress that makes the body store fat; stress stimulates the hypothalamus and triggers the release of cortisol.
The excess release of cortisol makes you crave for sugar that makes you eat more than you should on a day.
Most fat burners like Tea Rexx contain green tea herbs that help to reduce psychological stress by about 20%.
Though your stress will decrease by supplementing with a fat burner even you have to make sure to care for your well being otherwise.
2. Fat Burners help you to get good sleep
Lack of sleep or insomnia and low sleep quality like stress, causes weight gain, as those that sleep less tend to eat more. It is found that sleep deprivation slows metabolism that the body does to conserve energy.
The body releases cortisol, a hormone that increases appetite when the body needs more energy.
Some studies in Japan prove that green tea, present in most fat burners stimulate the release of L-theanine. The amino acid L-theanine promotes a calm and relaxed state.
It also improves the quality of sleep, leads to lesser nightmares and promotes better mental clarity before going to bed.
Another herb Ginseng found in fat burners has been used since long as a sedative and to improve the quality of sleep in those sleep disturbed subjects.
Also, all the ingredients are all-natural; they contain no synthetic ingredients that have a lot of side effects.
3. Fat Burners are filled with antioxidants
Fat burners are full of antioxidants that boost overall health and give chiseled abs. Some studies were done recently show that antioxidants play a vital role in the loss of fat.
Green tea is well known for its antioxidants polyphenols that are very useful in fighting harmful free radicals. Recent research also hints that antioxidants may play a vital role in fat loss.
They also stimulate the production of an enzyme called activated protein kinase (AMPK) that helps the body to maintain a high metabolism by regulating sugar use.
Fat burners also contain green coffee bean extract another potent source of antioxidants that also contains high concentrations of chlorogenic acid.
Chlorogenic acid helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels and is also believed to aid the metabolism of glucose, reduce the absorption of carbohydrates and also to reduce sudden spikes in insulin levels.
Also chlorogenic acid aids fat loss by aiding the production of adiponectin, a hormone that assists fat loss and prevents the storage of fat in the liver.
Use And Get Desired Effect From Fat Burners?
It may be easy to select a fat burner, but you must take the right fat burner supplement in the right way to get the desired effect. You have to combine a good fat burner with the slimming powers of diet and exercise.
Here are a few tips that help get the desired effect
- Choose your fat burner wisely and do not be weighed down by the advertisements. Know that different fat burners serve different purposes.
- If you want to get a fat burner for hunger control then choose one that contains Hoodia as one of the ingredients.
- Choose a fat burner with caffeine, Synephrine, or Yohimbe if you want one that boosts your energy throughout the day.
- Finally, if you want to go the thermogenic route, you should go in for stimulant-free fat burners that contain ingredients like green tea extract, Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), L-Carnitine, ginger extract, and cayenne pepper extract.
- If you aren’t just using fat burners for the energy-boosting benefits they provide before your workout session, then make sure that you time them with the rest of the meals you’re eating throughout the day.
- Most fat burners have an appetite reducing effects; so take one when you are not having a meal planned for a few hours. Then you will be hungry for your next meal.
- Many fat burners carry 2 dosages a day; you can take one just before a workout and the other at the hungriest part of the day.
- Stop all doses of fat burners after 6 pm; this is especially true when you are taking ones that have a stimulant and thermogenic effect.
- This will help you get good sleep at night. It is preferable to take the last serving of fat burner in the afternoon.
- All this is very essential to get a good night’s sleep that would assist maintaining a high metabolic rate, for improving the recovery you experience between your workout sessions, and lastly helping to improve your appetite the next day.
- You should carefully read all the product labels and take note of the dosing times. It is also necessary that you study the reaction of stimulants in your body and first start with the lowest recommended dosage.
- Take care to cycle your fat burners over time; this becomes important for then your body will adapt to the energy-boosting effects of stimulant and make them less effective.
- You will find that when taken over a long time, you would have to take a larger serving size to get the same feeling of being energized.
- Remember that just like you should take a break from your calorie-restricted diet to prevent a slowdown in your metabolism, similarly you should also take a break from your fat burners.
- It is essential to note here that even a 1 or 2week break could make a great difference in the energy-boosting of the fat burner.
- Ensure you take enough of protein with your fat burners; this will help maintain lean muscle mass. This will also help prevent muscle mass.
- Never cut down on your proteins even if you are not hungry. You’re getting or not getting enough protein could make a difference in your bodybuilding effects.
Top 10 Best Fat Burners For Men
- Instant Knockout
- Transparent Labs Fat Burner
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Next-Gen
- Cellucor Super HD
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite
- Learn Mode by EVLution Nutrition
- BSN Hyper Shred
- Animal Cuts by Universal Nutrition
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Series Iron Cuts
- Nutrex Lipo-6 Black Ultra Concentrate
Top 10 Best Fat Burners For Women
- Evolution Nutrition LeanMode
- RSP Nutrition QuadraLean Thermogenic
- MuscleTech Hydroxycut Hardcore Next-Gen
- NLA for Her Shred Her
- MuscleTech Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite
- NLA for Her Her CLA
- PEScience Alphamine
- FitMiss Burn
- NLA for Her Her Thermo Energy Chews
- FitMiss Tone
All this goes for the best fat burners for men and women 2017.