Are you looking for the craziest swimming pools? Then you have come to the right place to drench yourself in the top ten craziest swimming pools in the world.
In The Article
Devil’s Pool Victoria Fall, Zambia
- Devil’s Pool is adjacent to the famous Livingstone Island situated on the edge of the Victoria Falls.
- Tourists can choose to enjoy an exhilarating swim to the edge of the falls during their Livingstone Island visit.
- The Devil’s Pool is usually open between mid-August and mid-January – depending on Zambezi water levels.
- With a width of 5,604 feet and a height of 354 feet, Victoria Falls is considered the largest waterfall in the world, forming one of the world’s largest sheets of water. But that doesn’t prevent hundreds of adventurers a year from swimming in the “Devil’s Pool,” a naturally formed pool of water on the edge of the waterfall.
Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
- It’s the world’s largest rooftop Infinity Pool, gazing down on the glittering city-skyline from 57 levels above
- This massive infinity pool in Singapore sits atop the 57-story Marina Bay Sands hotel, with sweeping views of the city-state’s skyline.
- The 490-foot pool is cantilevered over the hotel’s north tower. Only hotel guests are allowed to swim and sip their cocktails by the pool, but others can purchase a ticket to the observation deck to soak up the view.
Dubbed the Sky Pool, Texas
- Dubbed the Sky Pool, the infinity pool juts out from 42nd floor and extends 10 feet over the side of Market Square Tower in Houston, Texas.
- A luxury apartment block in Texas boasts a glass-bottomed rooftop pool, giving swimmers a dizzying view of the busy street 500 feet below
Nemo 33, Belgium
- Nemo 33is an indoor Non-chlorinated freshwater facility in Brussels, Belgium.
- It held the record as the deepest indoor swimming pool in the world on May 1, 2004.
- The pool’s maximum depth is 34.5 meters (113 ft). It contains 2,500,000 liters of non-chlorinated, highly filtered spring water maintained at 30 °C by a solar heater and holds several simulated underwater caves at the 10 meters (33 ft) depth level.
- Due to the warm temperature in the pool, divers can dive for extended periods without a dry suit.
Hanging Glass Bottom Swimming Pool, Italy
- 82-feet-long-pool at Hotel Hubertus in South Tyrol, Italy, that floats 40 feet above the ground.
- 82ft long pool is part of a new extension at Hotel Alipin Panorama Hubertus, a wellness resort for skiers in South Tyrol, Italy
- Thrill-seekers can plunge into the pool’s fresh mountain water and float above the Dolomite panorama
- Cantilevered infinity pool, designed by Noa architects, is perched above the ground on larch tree trunks
- The creators from architecture studio Noa, in an interview, said that the position of the pool, which floats 12 meters above the ground, at its extreme edge, gives the swimmer the feeling of floating – weightlessly between heaven and earth.
Bioluminescent Bay, Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico (Mosquito Bay) is located on the southern shore of the island of Vieques.
- This magical bioluminescent bay’s phenomenon can freak out any first-time visitor. When they swim in the bay a trail of blue light follows swimmers where ever they go. It’s not magic but the abundance of single-cell organisms. It contains up to 160,000 microscopic dinoflagellates per liter of water.
- The Mosquito Bioluminescent Bay on the Island of Vieques, Puerto Rico is the most bioluminescent in the Worlds it has been officially declared the brightest recorded bay in the world by Guinness Book of World Records 2008.
- It is also known as the most romantic places in the world.
Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong Kangquio, Shanghai
- The highest glass-bottomed swimming pool in the world Shanghai is the center of commerce for Asia.
- This is the only 24-story swimming pool with a glass-bottom. The deep end of this pool is around 70 meters from the ground. The rest of the 30-meter long pool is indoors but for a few moments, you will feel like you are swimming through the air.
- The hotel itself has many modern rooms and business suites. It is situated between Pudong Airport and downtown Shanghai and has an extensive gym and fitness suite. The view from the top extends all over Shanghai which gives the tourist a beautiful sight.
Y-40 The Deep Joy, Italy
- Hotel Terme Millepini is a four-star hotel in Montegrotto Terme, Padua, Italy. It contains 100 rooms and is recognized for having the world’s deepest pool
- It is put in the Guinness World Records.
- Y-40 “The Deep Joy” pool was first opened on 5 June 2014 and was designed by architect Emanuele Boaretto. It is 40 meters deep, making it the deepest pool in the world. It contains 4,300 cubic meters of thermal water kept at a temperature of 32–34 °C.
- The pool features underwater caves and a suspended, transparent, underwater tunnel for guests to walk through.
Bandra Ohm Tower Balcony Pools, Mumbai
- The 30-story tower will have about 100 units that will all have their very own crescent-shaped balcony pools enclosed in acrylic (the material used in large aquariums).
- The Hong Kong-based firm building the Bandra Ohm, is designing the building with private swimming pools in order to offer a whole new approach to the living environment of high-rise buildings.
- It was built on the concept that No matter how luxurious an apartment or condo is, sharing a pool with annoying neighbors across the hall will never be a part of that luxury.
Bondi Icebergs Club, Sydney
- The Bondi Icebergs Swimming Club is an Australian winter swimmers club, located at the southern end of Bondi Beach in Sydney, New South Wales.
- As the name suggests The Bondi Icebergs Swimming club involves swimming in cold water only by those swimmers who hold a membership in the club.
- The Bondi Icebergs is the only licensed Winter Swimming Club in the world.