If dark circles from beneath our eyes, most of us will feel something irritating, right? Undereye dark circles is a problem that occurs due to multiple factors. Likewise, a number of treatments do remain to resolve this condition. Come, let’s explore this topic and notify the 10 best curatives that will help to eliminate Undereye Dark Circles. The findings will help us to gain greater clarity about this subject.
Causes of Undereye Dark Circles
Undereye dark circles could be caused due to a multitude of reasons like:
- Hereditary reasons – Heredity problems will also make some people in the family to be affected by dark circles formation under the eyes.
- Stress – People who work really very hard and stay awake for late hours will definitely get under eye dark circles.
- Limited sleep (Insomnia) – People who sleep very little, let’s say just 3 to 4 hours each day or even lesser will develop dark circles underneath their eyes. This condition is also called Insomnia. This will ultimately lead to fatigue syndrome
- Excessive Crying
- Old Age – During the gradual course of ageing and entering into the old age phase, the skin loses collagen and becomes thinner. This could be followed by the formation of dark circles under the eyes.
- Iron Deficiency
- Lifestyle causes – People who get addicted to vices like excessive alcohol and caffeine consumption will mostly see formation of undereye dark circles
- Excess exposure to the sun – Excessive exposure to the sun will make the body to produce high melanin thereby leading to dark circles forming around the eyes,
- Excess utilization of salt in the diet
- Medications – It will cause pigmentation irregularities which results in the skin around and beneath the eyes to become darker
Ten Best eliminators of the Undereye Dark Circles menace:
Under eye dark circles is a condition that could be cured either through home-based remedies, makeup and beauty products, Non-Surgical Filler and Laser and surgery treatments
Generally, home-based remedies and a few good habits will suffice for removing dark circles formed under the eyes. The list of top 10 medicines:
Cucumber is noted to be one of the finest curatives to remediate the problem of undereye dark circles. Cucumber is a year-round available vegetable in the market which is rich in vitamins and minerals. These strengths will help in nourish, hydrate and tone your skin. Apart from this, cucumber possesses that capacity of whitening the darker areas under your eye.
The treatment for curing undereye black circles is to be carried out by either:
Applying a cucumber paste or placing thin cut slices of cucumber on your closed eyes and leave it for at least 10-15 minutes. After this, you can remove it and wash off with cold water.
Mix the prepared cucumber juice along with the prepared lime juice in equal amounts. Use a cotton ball to take this mix for applying it to the particular spot near your eye, where black circles are present. You just leave it now and do a wash after 15-20 minutes with cold water.
If you follow either of the stated two practices for a minimum of 1 week for two times in a day, then complete elimination of undereye dark circles is highly possible.
Tomatoes possess that natural bleaching property wherein it will lighten the skin. It will also be effective in removing dark under eye circles.
The working method involved for curing the under eye dark circles comprise
- First, mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a one-half teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Use some cotton balls, for soaking the balls into this mixture for applying it under your eyes.
- Just leave it for 10-15 minutes
- Then clean off that area with cold water.
Another alternate method of drinking tomato juice that contains a mix of mint leaves, lemon juice and mint leaves will be helpful.
Place thinly cut potato slices on your closed eyes for 15-20 minutes in a day. Then, remove it and rinse your eyes with some cold water. You should follow this practice for two times in a day. If this practice is practised for a week or two, positive results will be seen i.e. disappearance of your undereye dark circles. Potato is known to possess natural bleaching agents.
Lemon juice contains Vitamin C, which is known for its skin lightening features. Lemon juice helps in eliminating dark circles under the eyes.
Lemon juice will solve the undereye dark circle’s problem in either of the two ways such as:
You can take a cotton ball and soak it in fresh lemon juice for applying it around your eyes. Let that juice stay on for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off. Practice this process on a daily basis at least once for 3-4 weeks. You will witness the elimination of dark circles present under your eyes.
Prepare a thick paste after mixing one tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of tomato puree, a pinch of gram flour (besan) and turmeric powder. This thick mixture paste should be softly applied to the eyes. After 10 to 15 minutes, clean that paste applied to your eyes by using cold water. This process must be undertaken at least two or three times a week. Continue to do this for a couple or more weeks to see the best results.
A cold compress will be effective in removing the black circles, formed under your eyes.
- Firstly, take a washcloth and immerse the same in cold water
- Then, lay that cloth on your eyes, which should be in a closed state. Just keep the wet cloth for at least 15 minutes.
- The compress will be useful in contracting the blood vessels beneath your eyes. This will gradually start decreasing your dark circles. If this process is followed for a couple of weeks, some good changes like the removal of dark circles under your eyes will be noticeable.
- Alternately, some ice cubes wrapped in a thin washcloth and applied to the dark circle areas under your eyes will also be valuable
Since Almond oil is a known natural ingredient, it will be valuable in handling the delicate skin around the eyes. Almond oil is proved to be a good curative for eliminating the under eye circles that appear beneath or around the eyes if applied on a regular basis.
Stepwise description of how to use Almond Oil
- It is best to apply some almond oil on the dark circled areas around your eyes and do a gentle massage on the skin.
- Then, just leave it in that similar condition throughout the whole night.
- After getting up in the morning, rinse the oil applied areas with cold water
- The stated steps should be followed on a daily basis until which time the dark circles fade out completely
Rose water holds an eminent place when it comes to skin care. Rose water is generally known to be a skin revitalizer and also for giving that soothing effect to highly stressed eyes.
Stepwise description as to how rose water must be used for treating under eye dark circles
- Firstly, take a clean cotton ball and soak it in fresh rose water for a few minutes
- Then, keep your eyes closed and keep that cotton ball on the area below your eye for a minimum of 15 minutes
- Rose water will moisturize the skin and ensure that the dark circles under your eyes gradually wane out
Rosewater treatment should be followed for a few weeks to ensure complete removal of dark circles under your eye/s.
Turmeric possesses rich anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. These will work well in an alleviation of dark circles under the eyes. Turmeric will help in making your skin smooth and soft. Complete recovery from dark circles problem will even be achievable if the following stepwise treatment is practised:
- Two teaspoons of turmeric should be mixed with pineapple juice to get a thick paste
- The thick paste must be gently rubbed on the exact affected area, below your eyes
- Just give some 10-15 minutes time and then use a soft damp cloth to clean off that paste
- Continually apply the stated steps until you get the desired results, probably it might range from 2 to 3 weeks.
Mint is normally known to generate the cooling effect. It will work well in soothing your eyes and capable of solving the problem of under eye dark circles.
- Crushed mint leaves mixed with cucumber paste needs to be applied to your closed eyes
- Just give a gap of 10-15 minutes and leave it
- Thereafter, use cold water to rinse that particular area where the solution or paste was applied
Following this treatment for some time on a regular basis will definitely deliver the best results
General Recommendation - Avoid Some Bad Habits
Keeping away certain bad habits will even help in curing the undereye dark circle’s problem and they are:
- Excessive Alcohol consumption
- Very fewer hours of night sleep
- Insufficient hydration (or) drinking very limited quantity of water in a day
- Eating an unhealthy diet
- Excessive exposure to the sun