Selena Gomez,(born 1992), American singer and actress won infinite young fans as a versatile pop vocalist.
Moreover, Gomez played the lead singer of an electronic-based pop band known as Selena Gomez & the Scene.
Later, the band dismantled in 2012. In 2013, Selena’s first solo album “Stars Dance” received rave reviews and entered US Billboard top 200.
Nonetheless, as Gomez entered adulthood, her popularity was magnified by a relationship with Justin Bieber.
In 2009, U.N appointed Selena Gomez as a goodwill ambassador.
|Release Date||April 7, 2013|
|Genre||Electropop – bhangra|
|Writers||Ester Dean, Mikel S. Eriksen and Tor Erik Hermansen|
- Selena sang the song for the first time at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards function on April 14, 2013
- Selena released the song just a couple of months after parting ways from Justin Bieber, her erstwhile boyfriend
- Stars Dance, the album containing “Come and Get It” song topped the Billboard 200 chart
- During a live stream chat, Gomez disclosed that this is a unique song because of its tribal nature. She expressed her interest to learn about tribal culture
- Selena was just 21 years of age when her Stars Dance reached the #1 position
|Album||When the Sun Goes Down|
|Release Date||June 17, 2011|
|Format||CD Single - Digital Download|
|Writers||Antonina Armato, Tim James and Adam Schmalholz|
- Selena Gomez mentioned that this is a very different sounding song, mid-tempo electropop with a Euro-disco rhythm.
- The song stood on the top songs list for a long time and regarded as the highly successful single song in the USA
- The song achieved the best-seller status by selling 2 million copies. It also earned the quadruple-platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America
- “Love You Like a Love Song” fascinated the minds of people across various countries, worldwide apart from the USA. The countries where the song gained popularity are Mexico, Australia, Hungary, Russia, Norway, Slovakia and Sweden.
- However, the song had to face some controversy for using pink colour-painted horses in this music video
|Album||When the Sun Goes Down|
|Release Date||14 March 2011|
|Writers||Emanuel Kiriako and Priscilla Hamilton|
- Debuted on March 14, 2011, in the Ryan Crest ‘s show “On Air” broadcasted on 102.7 KIIS FM
- Selena had completely explained the meaning of the song during that preview show of Ryan Crest
- This song got excellent reviews from critics since it carried a good message
- Featured as the top single and one of the top 30 songs across the USA, Canada and New Zealand during its release time
- In the song’s music video Gomez appears as moving around the city, removing her makeup and performing with her band at the beach.
|Release Date||September 10, 2015|
|Format||CD - Digital Download|
|Genre||Electropop – synth-pop|
|Writers||Tor Hermansen, Mikkel Eriksen, Benjamin Levin, Charlotte Aitchison and Ross Golan|
- Co-writer Charles also gave the vocals for the background portion of the song apart from writing the chorus
- Gomez mentioned that the song presents various stages of a relationship but the audience had a different take
- The catchy tunes of this song received lavish praise from music critics
- The song premiered as an exclusive on Apple Music on September 22, 2015
- On the US Billboard Hot 100, the song stood in the fifth position
|Release Date||November 6, 2014|
|Genre||Pop – R&B|
|Writers||Selena Gomez, Antonina Armato, Tim James and David Jost|
- The song’s lyrics commence with Selena telling about the troubled relationship with her former boyfriend, Justin Bieber
- Gomez had played the song earlier to her friend Taylor Swift, before its official release
- The song received wide appreciation from music critics for its vocals, lyrical content, production, and Gomez’s new direction.
- In the Billboard Hot 100 list, “The Heart Wants What it Wants” reached the sixth spot.
- The song achieved peak position in the top 40 list of countries like Australia, New Zealand, Belgium and the United Kingdom
|Release Date||January 26, 2016|
|Genre||Dance-pop – synth-pop|
|Writers||Justin Tranter, Julia Michaels, Robin Fredriksson, Max Martin, Mattias Larson and Selena Gomez|
- American singer Prince’s music was influential for the creation of album, “Revival”, which includes this song
- The song also premiered as an Apple music exclusive on December 21, 2015
- The song received phenomenal appreciation from the critics for the music video’s cinematography and appearance of Gomez. Critics stated that it was the highly revealing visual and the sexiest video of Gomez, until now
- “Hands to Myself” reached #7 position on the US Billboard Hot 100. It also became Gomez’s fourth consecutive song to feature in the top ten hits across USA.
- It also peaked in the top 10 list chart of countries like Canada, New Zealand and Slovakia
|Release Date||June 22, 2015|
|Genre||Pop – Electro – R&B|
|Writers||Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter, Nick Monson, Selena Gomez, Nolan Lambroza, Rakim A Mayers and Hector Delgado|
- Selena mentioned that she took only 45 minutes to complete the “Revival” track since it was recorded in one stretch
- Gomez roped AsAP Rocky for a guest appearance in her track. It was the first experience for her to have worked with a rapper
- The song directly entered #9 spot on debut in the Billboard Hot 100 and later earned the fifth position. It was the highest peaking single song for Gomez, which she had never ever witnessed earlier.
- Music critics highly lauded the song for its aesthetic visuals and the “most intimate” feel song till now
- Gomez promoted the “Good for You” song through giving interviews to radios and live performances in some shows
|Album||When the Sun Goes Down|
|Release Date||January 20, 2012|
|Genre||Synth pop – teen pop|
|Writers||Leah Haywood, Daniel James and Tony Nilsson|
- Selena Gomes told in an interview to Billboard magazine that “Hit the Lights” was the first song that she involved in recording
- The lyrics of this song tells about living for the very moment and of taking risks in life
- On January 20, 2012, an international remix EP was released for the single release of this song
- Selena highlighted that the song is relatable for every individual
- The song’s second video version was released on 19 April 2012 with some clips taken from the original version
|Album||A Year Without Rain|
|Release Date||June 22, 2010|
|Format||Digital Download – CD-Single|
|Genre||Electro – pop rock|
|Writers||Kevin Rudoff, Andrew Bolooki, Fefe Dobson, Jeff Halavacs and Jacob Kasher|
- “Round and Round” is a peculiar dance electropop rock song having some real techno beats
- The lyrics of this song talks about a relationship that keeps moving around in a circular pattern
- Critics applauded the song for its ability to instantly attract almost all kinds of audience
- The song became the 24th popular song on the Billboard Hot 100 list
- Gomez was noted to have sung this song “Round and Round” several number of times right from its release
|Release Date||August 13, 2013|
|Genre||Dance-pop – EDM|
|Writers||Lindy Robbins, Julia Michaels, Niles Holowell-Dhar, David Kuncio and Freddy Wexler|
- The entire music video of this song got filmed throughout Paris
- The song’s lyrics speak about slowing down of time and that magical feel of living on the dance floor
- Mixed reviews were expressed by critics for this song. The positive things covered about the catchy lyrics and funny production while its EDM influence got flayed.
- The song reached the #27 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 in the USA. However, it achieved the #1 position in the Billboard’s Hot Dance Club
- “Slow Down” song received a platinum certification from the “Recording Industry Association of America”.