1What can I eat on a low carb diet?
A basic low carb diet includes:
- Butter in ideal quantities
- Vegetables like cauliflower, spinach that grows above ground
2How do you stay on a low carb diet?
Check out these simple tips to stay on a low carb diet:
- Take carbohydrates in right amounts
- Check with your doctor to know the exact body fat percentage in your body
- Avoid eating processed food or junk food
- Carefully use supplements
- Plan for a long-term period
3What foods are high in carbs?
The list of food items that are high in carbs are:
- Sugary food items
- Starch filled vegetables like corn, potatoes
- Plant proteins, beans, and legumes
- Grains like cereal, crackers, bread
- Fruits like apples, bananas including fruit juices
- Yogurt, milk and other rich dairy products
4What does a low carb diet consist of?
Normally, a low carb diet consists of carbohydrate intake ranging from 50-150 grams a day. They contain more proteins and lot of healthy vegetables. Low carb diet takers generally avoid eating bread, pasta, and sugary foods.
5How do I avoid carbs?
To avoid excessive intake of carbs, take into account:
- Avoid bread or potatoes while eating outside
- Use sugar-free/natural sweeteners
- Stick to low carb foods
- Consume low carb snacks
- Avoid fruit juices
6How do you lose weight on a low carb diet?
To lose weight on a low carb diet:
- Be aware of how much calories of carbs you consume daily
- Stick to a long-term plan
- Maintain a diary to keep track of calorie intake
- Introduce once in a while high carb food days
The most important factor is to never lose hope and change track.
7What fruits and vegetables are high in carbohydrates?
Some of the fruits and vegetables that are high in carbs:
- Prunes – per cup-66 grams
- Mangos – per cup-46 grams
- Pomegranates – per cup-39 grams
- Apples – per cup-19 grams
- Watermelon – per cup-18 grams
- Bananas – per cup-17grams
- Sweet potatoes and ordinary potatoes – per cup-55 and 59 grams respectively
- Beets(Harvard) – per cup-39 grams
- Corns(Creamed) – per cup-45 grams
- Jerusalem artichokes – per cup-16 grams
- Lime beans – per cup-24 grams
- Peas(black-eyed) – per cup-26 grams
8What not to eat if you want to lose weight?
In order to lose weight, avoid eating these food items:
- High sugar content food items
- Fruit Juice especially mangos etc
- Snack bars containing high fibers
- Artificial sugary drinks
- Frozen meals
- High-calorie fruit juices
- Alcoholic drinks etc
9Are mushrooms low in carbs?
Yes, white mushrooms contain 3.1 gms (carb) content per full cup. Mushrooms are rich in B-vitamins (certain types) and potassium.
10Are tomatoes Low carb?
A plate of chopped or diced tomatoes contains around 5.8 gms (carbs). A healthy adult has to consume at least 100 grams (total carb) daily.
11Are cherry tomatoes Low carb?
Even though tomatoes belong to the fruit family, they are considered as vegetables. A solid cup of cherry tomatoes (149 grams) packs in 6 grams (carbs).
12Which fruit have the most carbohydrates?
Dried fruits namely dates and raisins contain 93 and 86 grams per cup of sugar content respectively. Prunes and mangoes contain 46 and 39 grams per cup of sugar content.