Olive oil, extracted from olive trees is believed to have first existed and notified in the Mediterranean basin. However, clear information about its origins is still a mystery. Do you know that olive oil is used for purposes, other than in the foods prepared at the kitchen? Olive oil is the only oil derived by pressing the olive fruit while other oils are extracted from fruit seeds. There are several varieties of olives, which aid in the manufacture of many types of oils. Let’s unravel the health benefits of olive oil.
In The Article
Olive Oil Advantages
- Olive oil contains oleic acid, which is good for alleviating inflammation
- Olive oil is a good resistor of cancerous formations in our body, like colon cancer
- Likewise, it also contains monounsaturated fats, which helps humans in showing stiff body resistance during scorching climatic conditions
- Monounsaturated fats present in olive oil will help those suffering from excess body weight to control their weight
- Olive oil is found to be a rich source of antioxidants, which combats inflammation and inhibits the oxidation of cholesterol in our blood.
- Olive oil could prevent the risk of major diseases like heart disease and stroke
- A strong oil that makes the brain function properly and eliminates the risk of major neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Olive oil contains low quantum acid and hence it is preferred in cooking
- Premature ageing of body cells will be averted by antioxidants, present in this oil
- Scientific studies reveal that olive oil when combined with fish oil will help patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. The problems associated with rheumatoid arthritis-like joint pain, morning stiffness and hand grip strength will be largely alleviated.
Olive Oil Disadvantages
- Olive oil induces higher blood clotting. Likewise, olive oil will affect the smooth blood circulation
- Slightly higher addition of olive oil in the food will cause obesity in people since it contains high fat
- Since olive oil is rich in monosaturated fats, it will easily react with free radicals. It generates trans fatty acids when it mixes with free radicals.
- People who use olive oil on a frequent basis will face a high likelihood of getting acne on their skin. The reason is that olive oil has quite a thick appearance and does not absorb into the skin easily. This will give room for entry of dust, sebum and dirt on the skin.
- People who are prone to allergies will face side effects after application of olive oil, like for example say eczema. However, this is applicable even for others while at the time of using it or after its usage.
- People with oily skin will suffer intolerable irritation, rashes and redness on their skin after application of olive oil. The reason is that the sebum secretion is high in oily skin people and when olive oil combines with this natural oil, it causes these stated adverse effects
- Adding olive oil to the daily diet will also result in creating gallbladder stones. Olive oil will promote higher formation of fats in our body and this is responsible for the stated condition
Olive Oil Health Tip
Polyphenol, the chemical found in pure unrefined olive oil, will safeguard people from the risk of heart diseases. People who use pure olive oil in their foods will reap this benefit.