Lemon is one of the most fabulous fruits that is universally accepted and utilized for multiple purposes. Its usage is not just confined to foods. It is used for various non-culinary purposes such as an ingredient in medicines and toiletries. Some of the health benefits of lemon are:
· Contains rich amounts of Vitamin C
· Manages weight loss
· Prevents kidney stones
· Removes bad breath
Generally, it is presumed by people that its place of origin is either India or China.
- Lemon, largely reduces the risk of ischemic stroke disease
- It will effectively fight skin damage from pollution or sun and improve the complexion of the skin
- Contains Vitamin C, which is a good antioxidant that prevents cancer
- Lemon juice is a proven curative for problems like digestion and constipation because it cleans your stomach, completely.
- The diuretic property of lemon cures arthritis and rheumatic disorders by flushing out the bacteria and toxins from the body
- When a person drinks the mixture bearing lemon juice and honey, regularly then he/she will lose weight
- Lemon juice is a blood purifier, which can be given for treating malaria and cholera patients
- Contains antiseptic and anticoagulant properties, which ceases internal bleeding and nose bleeds
- Has Notable Anti-aging feature because lemon juice can reduce wrinkle/s formation on the face
- Lemon juice is effective in treating problems like cold and fever as it contains vitamin C
- Lemon juice, in non-chilled form, is a proven panacea for breathing problems like asthma
- Possesses antiseptic features and hence will cure various skin diseases and related allergies to acne and eczema.
- Used in a variety of salads where its Vitamin C strength will help our body to absorb more iron
- Lemon juice is a natural cooling agent wherein it will effectively fight out burn injuries and remove the scars
- Contain pectin, a nutrient that is capable of reducing the cholesterol levels in our body
- Effective in relieving kidney stone problems through citrate, which prevents the formation of crystals in the urinary tract.
- It is found that lemon juice will be helpful in curbing hair-related problems like dandruff and hair loss
- Powerful stain remover
- Lemon oil is used in aromatherapy since it can stimulate the brain for active functioning
- Possesses antibacterial properties. Lemon juice mixed with honey, when consumed for a couple of days, will clear a sore throat.
- Good in treating scurvy, a disease caused by lack of Vitamin C in the body.
Side Effects Of Lemon
- Lemon juice that is not diluted will create tooth enamel problems after consumption
- There is a high likelihood that lemon could cause sunburns in light-skinned people if they apply lemon to their skin
- Lemon will trigger or exacerbate problems like heartburn. Heartburn can worsen since pepsin, an enzyme in the stomach will get easily activated and it can cause reflux of the digestive juices in the stomach
- Lemon juice is known to exasperate conditions like peptic ulcers since it contains high acidic juices
- Lemon juice, if drunk in large quantities will cause problems like vomiting and nausea
- This juice is an effective diuretic but its excessive intake will increase the frequency of urination
- Lemon contains Vitamin C that is useful in making the body absorb more iron. However, excessive addition of iron to the body will lead to impairment of internal organs
- Normally, doctors recommend patients to refrain from taking lime juice because it can create migraine pain
Honey Lemon Tea
- 1 tsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp sugar (if needed)
Method of Preparation:
- First, add the water to a microwave-safe mug.
- Then, add the honey to the mug.
- Microwave the mug for around 2 minutes.
- Now remove the microwave connecting plug and then stir the lemon juice until the honey dissolves
- Add sugar, if felt required
- Honey Lemon Tea is now ready to be served
Benefit: Honey Lemon Tea is a good recipe for weight loss.