Globally, ginger is considered as one of the wonderful spices alongside as an effective medicine! The history of ginger dates back to over 5000 years. Ginger originated in Southeast Asia but nations like India and China are its oldest users. They consider it as a panacea for several diseases. Ginger gradually spread its presence to various countries across the globe. It is a spice used for making various dishes, worldwide.
Advantages of Ginger
- Dizziness or vomiting sensation will be avoided by chewing ginger or a ginger mixed item. This condition is especially seen more during times of travel.
- This multipurpose spice is largely used in cooking and also as a traditional medicine in various forms
- Ginger is a good anti-inflammatory product that will cure osteoarthritis
- Rectifies digestion-related disorders. Ginger powder is known to be an effective healer for stomach related difficulties.
- Addition of ginger in the meal will help in alleviating the LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol levels from our body
- The presence of gingerol, a substance in ginger contains anti-cancer properties. It is reported to cure different types of cancer, like breast cancer, pancreatic cancer and ovarian cancer.
- It ensures the smooth functioning of the brain wherein major brain-related diseases like Alzheimer’s will be counteracted
- Gingerol, present in ginger will effectively combat various infections. Ginger and its extracts avert the formation of viruses and bacteria that affect the heart and teeth.
- This wonder spice will balance the blood sugar levels in our body. It is even observed to act as a good safeguard for the body organs of a diabetic such as eyes, liver and kidney.
- Proven to be a good medicine in controlling the blood pressure levels of a person. The extracts from ginger and other herbs confirms stable blood pressure levels and averts hypertension.
Demerits of Ginger
- Could cause skin irritation problems to many people, who remain allergic to products of this kind
- Might cause problems like heartburn, diarrhoea and stomach disorders
- Some researchers point that excessive menstrual bleeding happens to women due to ginger consumption
- Ginger may cause problems to the mouth like itching after consuming and also other allergies like swelling
- This spice could cause problems in the upper digestive system where consumption of ginger-related juices will trigger bloating and gas trouble
Health Recipe - Ginger
Ginger water is a proven curative for people with arthritis, kidney problems, cold and allergy. Daily consumption of ginger water in specific amounts is found to cure people with the said problems.
- 1 to 2 inches of fresh ginger root
- 2 or 3 cups of water
- 1/2 lemon
- Raw honey
Stepwise method of preparation
- First, peeve the 1-2 inch pieces of ginger
- Add 2 or 3 cups of water in a bowl and then squeeze that half lemon on it
- Finally, add raw honey to sweeten the water. Mix all the ingredients and then you can either boil for making the water become warmer or use it after it becomes cold
- You can drink it throughout the day whenever you get time.
If a person is accustomed to drinking a glass of ginger water daily, he/she will develop great immunity against illness.