Undoubtedly, Cranberries stand out as one of the most attractive and healthy fruits in the world. North America had only first started cultivation of this fruit crop.
Did you know that Cranberry possesses a rich source of nutrients and medicinal properties? Cranberry is highlighted as being effective in helping us to get rid of major diseases like for example, urinary tract infection.
In The Article
Health Benefits Of Cranberry
- Cranberries prevent urinary tract infections
- The nutrients present in cranberries, slow down the speed of formation of cancers like liver, colon, breast, prostate and ovarian.
- Cranberry contains a chemical called polyphenol, which avoids the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Cranberries also curb gum diseases. Proanthocyanidin, a chemical present in cranberry fruit stops bacteria from settling in the teeth.
- Research findings state that cranberries have high amount of antioxidant phytonutrients, which allay the risk of oxidative stress
- Since cranberries have a large amount of Vitamin K, it will consolidate the bones
- The Vitamin C strength in this fruit is a strong antioxidant, valuable in developing a powerful immune system
- It is proven that regular eating of cranberries, helps to reduce body weight. This practice should be followed for a couple of months.
- This red colored wonder fruit is also noted to be an excellent skin care product, which revitalizes the skin and makes it shine.
- Cranberries helps our skin to remain young for a long time thereby delaying our ageing process
- Cranberry contains a reasonably high amount of calcium, which is known for creating stones in the kidney
- General stomach upsets and diarrhoea will most likely occur
- Risk of escalation in blood sugar levels for diabetes patients
- Cranberries will be bad for people, who are on medication. ll causes negative effects like bleeding
- Excessive consumption of berries will also cause weakening of the teeth enamel
How does Cranberry juice avert urinary tract infection?
- Some researchers specified that cranberry juice prevented infections in the urinary tract by acidifying the urine.
- Cocktail cranberry juice contains a mix of cranberry juice, sweeteners and water. The high amount of cranberry juice content destroys the bacteria, which infects the urinary tract.
- Drink a glass of fresh cranberry juice, first thing in the morning and then eat something only after a minimum of half an hour. This practice will prevent UTI (urinary tract infection) formation
- Cranberry juice prohibits the entry of E.coli bacteria into the urinary bladder. It is the E-coli bacteria which causes urinary tract infection (UTI).
- Cranberry juice contains natural sugars like D-mannose and A-type proanthocyanidins (PACs), which prevent the bacteria from holding on to the lining of the urinary bladder or elsewhere in the body.