Carrots carry a unique identity because of their health benefits bestowed upon mankind, just like many other vegetables!
Do you know, the history of carrots began from the 10th century itself, in Persia? However, most people think that carrots originate from Afghanistan.
Carrots also possess medical properties wherein such strengths will help them in preventing cancer and other diseases.
Role of Carrots in Prevention of Cancer
Carrot is proven to be a powerful solution for cancer, Some key points to note about the role of carrots in cancer avoidance are:
- Carrot juice is noted to be an effective curative for people in their fourth stage of colorectal cancer
- Carrots contain carotenoid, a chemical compound that avoids the risk of lung cancer
- Some patients with squamous cell cancer reported positively about daily consumption of a quart of carrot juice
- Carrots contain beta-carotene, which is an effective antioxidant in eliminating the cancerous cells from the body
- Carrots possess anti-cancer properties
- Carrot juice, which includes a mix of other green vegetables like spinach and fruits like apple are effective in fighting cancer
- Consumption of carrots on a regular basis is proven to alleviate the risk of breast cancer
- High levels of carotenoids and vitamin A (retinol) in carrots also prevents postmenopausal breast cancer in women
- Carrots prevents leukaemia through Luteolin, a type of flavonoid that inhibits the creation of blood vessels, which cause tumor formation
Carrots - Medicinal Recipe
1.Turmeric Sunrise (Cocktail carrot juice)
- Apples – 2 medium (3″ dia)
- Carrots – 3 medium
- Celery – 3 stalk, large (11″-12″ long)
- Ginger Root – 1 thumb (1″ dia)
- Lemons (peeled) – 2 fruit (2-3/8″ dia)
- Pears – 2 medium
- Turmeric Root 6 thumb – (1″ dia)
Method of Preparation
- Process all the ingredients after pouring them in a juicer.
- Stir or shake it.
- The juice is ready to be served
Benefit of Turmeric Sunrise Juice (Cocktail Carrot Juice)
Cocktail carrot juice will be mainly helpful in fighting free radicals thereby preventing diseases like cancer.