Yes, hair plays a vital role in making an individual look physically attractive. Moreover, vitamin deficiencies and poor nutrition also contribute towards hair loss. Thankfully, hair loss can be treated by adding best hair vitamins that support hair growth and help you regain your mass appeal.
Additionally, hair loss remains a very complex issue that comprises of many factors such as environmental, hormonal, and genetic. Also, are you aware that your hair contains hair follicles that undergo extrinsic and intrinsic ageing?
So, for the natural way to speed up hair growth, take a glance at these vitamins recommended for healthy tresses.
In The Article
Reasons For Hair Loss
In fact, hair loss affects almost a large population and men face genetic hair loss by the time they reach 50. However, in women, hair loss occurs due to nutritional factors and depleted iron reserves.
Factors that trigger hair loss in adults:
- Physical trauma
- Continuous weight loss
- Seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Autoimmune diseases
- Thyroid disorders
- Radiation treatment
- Hormonal factors and poor nutrition
Different Categories Of Hair Loss
♦ Telogen Effluvium
One of the most common types of hair loss, Telogen Effluvium represents different stages of the hair development process. But, in this stage, the scalp remains vacant and this stage is also called as resting stage.
In general, at least more than 80% hair follicles grow at any given time but here the hair follicles shun hair growth. Therefore, in this Telogen Effluvium stage, hair loss or hair shedding increases.
♦ Female Hair Loss
Female baldness happens when hair follicles stop growing over time. Moreover, each time a regular hair follicle falls, it’s quickly replaced by another hair similar in size. Also, for women suffering from this problem, the new hair grows thinner and finer.
Therefore, the hair follicles start shedding in this pattern, and one day they stop growing totally.
♦ Male Hair Loss
This factor is called as androgenic alopecia. In fact, this occurs due to family history or genetics. As per studies, androgens are associated with this problem.
♦ Alopecia Areata
Alopecia Areata, an autoimmune disorder where the immune system damages the hair follicles. Also, the affected hair becomes thin and drastically reduces hair production. This happens as a result of virus or vitamin deficiency.
Must Read: All Questions Answered On Alopecia Areata
- Vitamin A promotes proper cell growth and this directly improves hair growth.
- Moreover, this vitamin produces sebum, a natural oil that increases hair growth on your scalp.
- Also, vitamin A consists of antioxidants that keep the scalp healthy and prevents hair loss.
- Finally, vitamin A increases hair thickness, growth, shine, and gloss.
Foods that consist of vitamin A:
B-Complex (B5 and Biotin)
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) and biotin are mainly used as a substitute for hair loss.
- Additionally, biotin increases the hair shingles that are damaged because of ironing, over-shampoo, and blow-drying.
- Vitamin B5 manages the adrenal glands which stimulate hair growth.
- The most common symptom of biotin inadequacy is hair loss. In addition, hair loss can happen due to pregnancy, impaired liver, and smoking.
- Pregnant women develop hair loss problem since the growing fetus need biotin. They need biotin for the process of histone biotinylation and carboxylases.
- Overall, in order to reverse and reduce hair loss, take a vitamin b-complex tablet or consume vitamin B5 and biotin separately.
Foods that consist of B-Complex (B5 and Biotin):
- This hair growth vitamin controls hair dryness and prevents premature ageing.
- Not to mention, vitamin C supports the growth of collagen and collagen protein increases hair thickness and growth.
- However, daily consumption of vitamin C supplements benefits hair growth.
- Vitamin C fights free radicals and these free radicals damage hair, making it delicate and weak.
- Therefore, consuming 500 to 1000 mg per day of vitamin supplements acts as an antioxidant.
Foods that consist of Vitamin C:
- Red bell peppers
- Firstly, vitamin E builds and treats tissue and also acts as an antioxidant facilitating hair growth.
- In addition, vitamin E fights free radicals.
- This vitamin E also holds moisture and prevents scalp dryness and vitamin E oil aids get rid of the problem.
- Also, applying vitamin E to the scalp can increase hair growth, blood circulation boosts oxygen supply, and reduces inflammation.
- In essence, vitamin E improves blood circulation and keeps the scalp strong and healthy.
How to Prepare Vitamin E Mask for Faster Hair Growth?
- Break open vitamin E tablets (2 nos) and mix this content with coconut oil.
- Gently apply this mixture to the scalp using normal circular motions.
- Then, allow it to dry for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly.
Foods rich in vitamin E:
Also, vitamin D and recently discovered compounds are capable enough to wake up hair follicles. Balding normally occurs when the follicles are silent.
Therefore, eating 5000 units daily or sitting in the sun for at least 15 minutes can improve hair growth.
Foods rich in vitamin D:
- Portobello mushrooms
- Maitake mushrooms
- Several studies reveal the relationship between hair loss and iron inadequacy.
- Moreover, ferritin, the protein that keeps together the iron was low in patients suffering from telogen effluvium.
- Nonetheless, a new study shows that woman having serum and ferritin levels under 30 millilitre are linked with hair loss.
- Iron increases the thickness of hair and lack of adequate iron can cause hair dryness, dullness and thinness.
- Overall, iron transports oxygen and makes them function to their full potential and consume a multivitamin tablet.
Foods rich in iron:
- Red Meat
- Black beans
- Navy beans
- Egg yolks
- Collard greens
- Swiss chard
Magnesium And Niacin (Vitamin B3)
As per various studies, magnesium inadequacy can result in hair loss and this mineral stabilizes follicle strength.
Food sources of magnesium:
- Wild rice
On the other hand, niacin adds sheen and shine and niacin inadequacy can cause lifeless and brittle hair.
Foods rich in niacin or vitamin B3:
- Chicken Breast
Notably, zinc deficiency can cause diminished hair growth, hormonal imbalance, greying, poor digestion, and weak immune network.
Foods rich in zinc:
- Sweet potatoes