Do you know that Beetroot is high in nutritional value and a good regulator of blood pressure? Beetroot cultivation started in India and then in Mediterranean regions and onto Europe. Now, beets are globally popular. Beetroot is used in various forms: raw, cooked, pickled, juices, soups and salads. It is also used in the production of wine. Beetroot juice enhances the exercising capacity of sportspersons and in general, to people who exercise. Let’s discover facts about beetroot and some benefits of beet juice.
Beetroot Juice Enhances Exercising Capacity
- Beetroot juice enhances the energy of people who involve in exercising since beetroots are naturally embedded with nitrates.
- Once this juice is consumed, the nitrates will get converted into nitric oxide and then the blood vessels open up and send more oxygen to the working muscles.
- Improves the blood flow, helps in muscle contraction and balances the blood pressure levels.
- It is a good dietary intake which contains nitrates that enables to release the lower amount of oxygen while exercising
- Decreases the oxygen cost of exercise and raises the tolerance levels of high-intensity exercise
Research Studies On Beet Juice
- Several types of research performed on a worldwide scale have strongly registered that beetroot juice consumption can be very effective for athletes
- Likewise, a research stated that sipping beetroot juice on a daily basis is even good for other people, like those in sports or guys who regularly exercise
- According to a research, people involved in regular exercising, witness a big improvement in their stamina if they drank beet juice for 6 days
- A research study revealed that beet juice when consumed before exercise activates the somatomotor cortex area in the brain. This is especially notable in adults who consumed beet juice before exercising.
- According to a research finding, it enhances blood plasma nitric oxide levels. The blood plasma nitric oxide enables expansion of the blood vessels thereby facilitating higher blood flow throughout the body.
- Through this high blood flow, a person doing heavy workout can continue for a long time without giving much pressure to the heart
- Higher blood flow leads to the addition of more nutrients in the body, resulting in the development of the hard exercised muscles
- A research found that due to its nitric oxide (NO3) content, beetroot juice acts as a valuable dietary supplement to lower the aerobic cost of strain in various exercises
- During 2010, a research observed that healthy adults boosted their exercise performance and its duration by drinking half-litre beet juice on a daily basis
- According to a research, it effectively improved the blood flow in patients with lung and heart diseases, who enhanced their exercise capacity