Do you know that Apple Cider Vinegar came into existence in 5000 BC? Apple cider vinegar is the oldest liquid or tonic used for the purpose of weight loss. It is a very popular drink in this modern world for its wellness benefit.
However, we must not forget that it has been a natural remedy for thousands of years. Apple Cider Vinegar is also subject to debate amongst various experts regarding its health benefits.
Merits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider Vinegar is an effective tonic for people who contemplate weight loss
- The acidity in apple cider vinegar restricts the growth of some kinds of bacteria
- Since Apple cider vinegar possesses antimicrobial properties, it is used as a cleansing agent to whiten our teeth
- Apple cider alleviates the cholesterol levels in our body
- It is a good controller of blood sugar level in the human body
- Apple cider possesses antioxidant properties and so it cubs the free radicals
- Prevents acid reflux by infusing more acid into the digestive tract
- Enhances heart health
- Evicts the pain in the joints and avoids the development of arthritis
- Activates the body metabolism
- It helps in efficiently maintaining our skin
- The pectin present in Apple cider is good for treating diarrhoea symptoms
- Relieves chronic asthma
- Curative for cancer
- Effectively cleans our digestive system
- Apple cider vinegar is a good antidepressant
- Apple cider vinegar mix containing ginger, garlic and turmeric will cure cold
- It is valuable in alleviating the risk of stroke and heart disease
- Since apple cider vinegar contains antifungal and antimicrobial properties, it helps to eliminate bad breath
- It alleviates the intensity of sore throat problem by giving a soothing effect
- People who drink apple cider vinegar mixed with honey can prevent osteoporosis
- Bone Density Loss – Higher consumption of apple cider vinegar could result in bone density loss. The reason is that the acidity in apple cider vinegar will make the bones either soft or wear out.
- Bad for the teeth – The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar tonic erodes a person’s tooth enamel if he/she consumes excessive dosage
- Lowers the blood glucose levels in the bloodstream and this condition is called as diabetic hypoglycemia
- High risk of gastroparesis – According to a research, apple cider vinegar raises the peril of gastroparesis, a disease which occurs when there is a high level of stomach juice in the stomach. Higher production of stomach acids strains the gastrointestinal system.
- Mineral Loss – the Inordinate drinking of apple cider vinegar might reduce the potassium levels in the body. Potassium is an electrolyte that makes our organs function properly
- Skin Itching – Excess intake of apple cider vinegar causes constant skin itching Highly sensitive skinned people, face this effect. The high acidic level in ACV makes the skin drier and causes regular itching.
- Skin burns – Like stated earlier, the acidic levels in Apple cider vinegar is high. It is proven that ACV causes skin burns, after being applied.
- The excess acidity in Apple Cider Vinegar can cause a sore throat
- People following some medications should exercise caution on their consumption level of apple cider vinegar. It is vital because severe health disorders might arise, like kidney damage.
Infographics: Merits & Demerits of Apple Cider Vinegar