Do you know that Almonds was one of earliest cultivated foods? It is naturally embedded with a rich strength of various B vitamins and Vitamin E and minerals like zinc, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and selenium. Almonds are a key ingredient in various foods, especially chocolates. It is a key additive in some products of the cosmetics industry. Let’s decode the health benefits of almonds.
- If you take a handful of almonds daily, it could reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) thereby limiting the risk of heart diseases
- Almonds can reduce the risk of cancer as it contains Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that prevents free radicals and oxidative stress
- Almonds can prevent an occurrence of breast and colon cancers
- It helps our body to completely absorb the strength of nutrients like Vitamin A and D
- Almonds possess nutrients like riboflavin and L-carnitine that make our brain function smoothly
- Enhances the strength of our nervous system and prevents the occurrence of major diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- It ensures that we maintain a smooth digestive system
- The dietary fibre and healthy fats in Almonds make us feel that our tummy is full. Thus, it delays our hunger and stops us from overeating.
- The magnesium strength in an Almond enables us to lower our blood pressure levels
- Almonds possess phosphorous, a mineral that helps us in maintaining strong bones
- Almond is good for our skin health and it delays our ageing process
- It is a rich source of alkalis, which makes our immune system stronger
- Almonds, if consumed even slightly in excess makes you gain more weight
- High intake of Vitamin E into your body might trigger symptoms like dullness, stomach upsets like constipation, bloating and also cause diarrhoea
- Almonds, when consumed after a manganese-rich diet could cause drug interactions. If there is high manganese presence in our blood, it can interfere with various drugs and some antibiotics
- It can cause allergic reactions to some people, who will undergo symptoms like skin rashes and breathing problem
- Almonds contain oxalates, which can induce the formation of kidney stones. Oxalates avert the smooth absorption of calcium by our body.
- When excessively consumed, almonds will affect our blood clotting system in the long-term
- Cyanide, a compound present in Almonds can cause toxicity in our body which gives rise to diseases like the nervous breakdown and choking